Sample Copywriter Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Copywriter job summary
Established clothing brand is seeking an experienced and creative copywriter to support the marketing and editorial departments. You will be tasked with creating copy for a wide range of projects ranging from product descriptions, sales pages, ad copy and beyond. The ideal candidate has exceptional writing skills, is highly organized and has a background in marketing or advertising. A bachelor’s degree in marketing or writing is an asset, but not required.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Copywriter responsibilities
- Conduct customer research and create copy that appeals to their needs and interests
- Write sales copy for website, print, social media and other mediums
- Ensure content conforms to marketing briefs and company style guides
- Work closely with marketing and design teams to ensure all elements work together to represent the brand properly
- Manage multiple projects with different deadlines while producing high quality work
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to editorial strategies and calendars
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Copywriter requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Writing an asset but not required
- Understand marketing and branding principles and best practices
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Ability to take constructive criticism to and use it to grow
- Superior time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Creative thinker and open to collaboration