Sample Courier Job Description
You want to write a job description that attracts the right candidates and have one that you can use for future reference. With a courier job description template, you can get a great launching point for drafting your own attractive job description for future employees. Use this courier job description example as a guide to help you create an effective job description that informs candidates of the role and responsibilities of a courier.
We are a growing, family-owned company that has been in business for over 30 years. Our mission is to provide the best service possible. As a leading provider of transportation services across the United States, we focus on timeliness, quality and fostering a positive team environment.
The courier is responsible for transporting and delivering goods to customers, including but not limited to: mail, parcels and boxes. This position requires an individual who can work independently while having good customer interactions through excellent communication skills. Excellent time management abilities required, as is the ability to perform basic math calculations that will include adding/removing items from carts, loading/unloading and tracking inventory with detailed records.
Detailed job duties include:
- Delivering goods to customers in the most efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed accurately and on time
- Maintain accurate records of deliveries made by customer service representatives or other departments.
- Identify problems with orders placed through dispatcher/customers prioritization.
- Coordinate work schedules according to company policies and procedures.
- Perform pre-trip inspections at client locations; check inventory levels before departure date.
- Ensure proper documentation of all important client communication.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record with no more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screen
- No DUI/DWI convictions for traffic violations
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short-term disability insurance