Sample Courier Driver Job Description
This courier driver job description template can be used as a guide when creating your own job postings, as it outlines the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the job. This will allow you to attract potential applicants who are the most qualified and best fit for the position.
We are a family owned and operated company with over 50 years of experience. Our drivers have been in the business with us for years and we provide our customers with great service, competitive pay, excellent benefits and a positive work environment.
The courier driver is responsible for transporting and delivering goods to customers in the United States. This position requires an individual who can work independently, with minimal supervision or on their own initiative; must be willing/able to travel up to 50% of time as needed (up to 20 hours per week). Must have reliable transportation that will allow you access to all areas within the area. A good driving record is required. Current Class B CDL license is preferred.
Detailed job duties include:
- Deliver goods to customers in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of deliveries, pick-ups and delivery dates for the company.
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed accurately and on time at each destination.
- Complete daily log sheets as required by state law or local transportation agency regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid Class A CDL with air brakes endorsement and/or commercial driver's license
- Must also possess an acceptable driving record that meets all state requirements regarding speeding, safety, traffic laws, etc.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)