Sample Crane Operator Job Description
A crane operator job description is a hiring manager’s tool for describing the main functions and responsibilities of a position. This example can help you write a detailed and effective job description that will attract qualified applicants for your open position.
We are a thriving construction company with over 50 years of experience. Our employees enjoy competitive compensation, excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. At Crane Operators, we believe that our people have the power to make measurable difference in the world. As a crane operator, you will be responsible for operating cranes on various types of construction sites including: commercial, industrial, residential, government, military and other industries. You must also understand how to operate equipment such as hydraulic lifts, loaders and trailers.
Crane operators are responsible for operating a variety of equipment including cranes, lift trucks and other heavy lifting devices. This job requires an individual who can work independently or on their own while maintaining good customer and team relationships at all times. Must be willing/able to learn new skills quickly and have basic computer skills (Word, Excel).
Detailed job duties include:
- Operate a variety of heavy equipment including cranes, lift trucks and other types.
- Maintain all tools used in the operation of lifting equipment such as hydraulic jacks, booms, etc.
- Maintenance on equipment is required for this position.
- Ability to perform manual labor using hand-held power tools.
- Follow safety procedures when operating work equipment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Perform routine inspections during shift.
- Work safely while performing duties that require frequent standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must have the ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and snow
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Hold additional certifications as needed by state law.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Health saving account (HSA)