Sample Crew Supervisor Job Description
Writing a good crew supervisor job description requires planning and thought. A crew supervisor is responsible for supervising the crew, doing the work and meeting the client’s expectations. Use this crew supervisor job description sample to create a winning job posting.
Our top construction company has been in business for over 30 years. Our mission is to provide the best possible service, while providing our employees with an exceptional work environment. As a crew supervisor, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of construction projects from start-up through completion. You will also have responsibility to enforce quality standards throughout a project lifecycle. The person in this position will be expected to schedule crews, train crew members on job duties and perform safety inspections as needed.
The crew supervisor is responsible for the overall safety and health of all crew members. This includes ensuring that each crew member has an adequate supply of supplies, equipment, materials and tools to perform their job duties in accordance with company policies and procedures as well other applicable laws. In addition, the person in this position will be responsible for maintaining safe working conditions by following established work practices and guidelines while performing assigned tasks on time and within budgeted schedules.
Detailed job duties include:
- Supervise crew members and their work.
- Supervise crew members in a safe manner: check equipment for defects; inspect equipment to ensure proper functioning; maintain records on all activities performed by crew members as required or requested.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks so that equipment and tools are not damaged during operation.
- Operate various types/models of machinery.
- Provide training at assigned level.
- Report any safety issues directly to the supervisor.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate log books from project personnel.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in construction management or related field
- Must have experience with construction management and/or project management, including the following: project manager certification preferred; certified crew supervisor (CCS)
- Experience working on large scale projects is required for this position
- Able to work independently as well be flexible when needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills are essential
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Health saving account (HSA)