Sample Culinary Specialist Job Description
A culinary specialist job description provides potential applicants with comprehensive information on a listed position in this field. It should include a description of the type of work that will be performed, pay range, benefits and some information about the company. An effective culinary specialist job description will provide interested applicants with enough information to decide if they are interested and qualified for the listing. Customize this culinary specialist job description template to meet the specific needs of your company’s listing.
We are a family owned and operated restaurant company that has been in business for over 30 years. Our mission is to provide the best possible service, while providing our guests with exceptional food and beverage experiences. As a leading restaurant operator, we offer an extensive range of dining options including buffets, restaurants, bars, lounges and more. The culinary specialist will be responsible for serving all types of food and beverages.
The culinary specialist is responsible for the preparation and execution of a variety of menus, including appetizers, salads, desserts, sandwiches, pastas, etc. in accordance with established standards. The person in this position must prepare orders from suppliers as per customer specifications; and maintain inventory levels and cleanliness throughout kitchen area (eg. countertops, shelves). Maintain order flow through various departments while providing excellent service.
Detailed job duties include:
- Serve as a team member in the kitchen, serving guests and providing excellent service.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Assure proper inventory levels are maintained at all times while maintaining high standards of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Maintain accurate records on food orders and supplies used during cooking sessions with staff members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work in an environment that is fast-paced
- Self-motivated, flexible, take initiative and support teamwork
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Health saving plans for your family members