Sample Customer Advocate Job Description
As an employer, writing a clear job description that expresses what you are looking for in a candidate is key to making the right hire. The following customer advocate job description sample can be modified to fit your hiring needs. This sample should help you get started on writing a good job description and hiring the right candidate for the job.
We are a growing, innovative and fast-paced company that is looking for an experienced customer advocate to join our team. Our customers come first and everyone in our office has a passion for helping people find what they need when they need it. The ideal candidate will be passionate about customer service, have excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills and can work independently and be part of specialized teams. This position requires some travel within the U.S.
The customer advocate is responsible for assisting the customer in providing excellent service. This includes answering phone calls, responding to questions from clients and other staff members, managing complaints against them, maintaining positive relationships with their families/caregivers, communicating information about services provided by our company (emails, telephone calls) as well as making sure that all inquiries are handled appropriately. As an employee, you will be responsible for supporting both internal and external customers through various channels.
Detailed job duties include:
- Provide customer service by providing a positive, friendly and professional experience.
- Assist in the development of new business opportunities through effective communication with internal and external clients.
- Support sales efforts by developing strong relationships with existing customers, building trusting relationships with them while maintaining an open dialogue about their needs.
- Maintain accurate records for all transactions, including credit card transactions, bank transfers, etc.
- Manage account reconciliation process using appropriate tools.
- Ensure that all products are delivered on time and in good condition.
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Must have excellent communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Customer service experience is required
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase plan