Sample Customer Care Specialist Job Description
A customer care specialist job description is a document that describes the primary duties and responsibilities of a particular job position within a company. A job description is an important element of the employee’s job application process and it is crucial to the employee’s understanding of the job description and how it relates to a potential position. A well-written job description can help a company increase its productivity by clarifying what a position offers and will entail. Use this sample to write your own.
We are a fast-growing company that is looking for an experienced customer care specialist to join our team. Our customer service department has been in business since 1998 and have grown to over 100 employees across the country. The ideal candidate will be passionate about helping customers achieve their goals by providing exceptional customer service while maintaining high levels of satisfaction. This position requires excellent communication skills as well strong interpersonal skills which allow you to interact effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organization. You must also possess good organizational skills and the ability to work independently or on your own initiative without direct supervision.
Customer care specialists are responsible for assisting customers with their questions, concerns and complaints. They will be the first point of contact to all new clients in our customer service department. The person in this position is also responsible for providing excellent customer service through phone calls, emailing them information about products or services they have received from us, answering phones, and responding directly to any inquiries that may arise. This person must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Detailed job duties include:
- Provide customer service by answering phone calls and assisting with ticketing.
- Respond to all questions from customers in an efficient manner while maintaining the highest level of professionalism at all times.
- Answer telephone queries as directed by management for any issues that may arise during normal business hours (ie: call back, email, etc).
- Maintain accurate records on each transaction so it is clear which transactions were completed correctly.
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds is required for this position
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Pivot tables) and other software programs
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good time management skills, excellent customer service skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life insurance