Sample Customer Representative Job Description
As an employer, writing a clear job description is vital to attracting the right candidates. The following customer representative job description sample can be used and modified to fit your hiring needs. This sample should help you write a good job description and hire the right candidate for the job.
We are a growing company that is looking for an enthusiastic customer representative to join our team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about helping customers find what they need when they need it. This position requires excellent communication skills as well strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written). You must possess good organizational skills and the ability to work independently while maintaining confidentiality.
Customer service representatives are responsible for assisting customers with their purchase orders and providing customer service in the store. The person in this position is also responsible for maintaining an efficient, clean work environment while meeting all company standards of quality and efficiency. This role requires excellent communication skills as well strong interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with both internal and external customers. Must be detail-oriented and have good time management skills.
Detailed job duties include:
- Provide customer service to customers by interacting with them and answering questions.
- Respond to inquiries from customers, including phone calls and emails.
- Answer telephones and help with any issues that arise during normal business hours.
- Assign orders via email/phone number.
- Maintain accurate records on all transactions performed through our system.
- Communicate with clients regarding their order status and other pertinent information.
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Must have excellent communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Strong customer service experience is required
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase plan