Sample Customer Success Manager Job Description
A customer success manager job description is a detailed overview of the position and the qualifications and responsibilities associated with it. A well-written job description will help you identify candidates who align with your company’s needs. A customer success manager job description should list the primary skills and qualifications required for a listed position.
We are a fast-growing company that is looking for an experienced customer success manager to join our team. The person in this role will be responsible for the success of all customers, ensuring they have positive interactions with us through customer service, sales, marketing and other channels. The successful candidate must have strong communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills. You should also possess exceptional organizational skills, which include the ability to work independently or under pressure while maintaining confidentiality.
The customer success manager is responsible for supporting our customers. This includes managing all aspects of the sales process and playing a key role in communication aspects of product development as well as offering technical assistance. The successful candidate will be an expert in CRM software with experience working on multiple projects simultaneously as well as being proficient at using Excel/SQL tools such Assist Desk, Salesforce and other similar applications.
Detailed job duties include:
- Manage the day-today operations of a customer service team.
- Lead all aspects of customer success, including planning, developing, managing and reporting on daily activities to ensure that customers are satisfied with their experience.
- Provide feedback for improvement in processes and procedures.
- Communicate progress reports as needed or requested by management.
- Support internal teams through continuous improvement initiatives (eg, training) while maintaining high levels of quality assurance across multiple departments/units.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders within the organization who have an interest in customer success.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field
- Minimum of 5 years customer service experience with a focus on customer success and sales management
- Experience working directly with customers
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to maintain effective rapport with internal stakeholders through strong listening skills
- Excellent organizational skills including time management, problem solving, decision making and project management
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability