Sample Customer Support Representative Job Description
A customer support representative job description is a document that outlines the duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for a job posting. The following customer support representative job description sample can be used and modified to fit your hiring needs.
We are looking for customer support representatives to join our team. Our customer support representatives work with customers in an environment where they require expert, articulate guidance with orders or issues. The person in this role will have direct contact with all of our customers who need help answering questions or concerns. The ideal candidate has experience working primarily on phone calls but also has strong digital communication skills (email, chats, etc.).
Customer support representatives are responsible for assisting customers with their questions, complaints and issues. They will be responsible to provide customer service by answering phone calls or email. The person in this position is responsible for providing support services through internet communication as well as other related duties assigned by management.
Detailed job duties include:
- Provide customer service to customers by answering phones and emails and assisting with ticketing issues.
- Answer questions from customers, providing information on product availability, pricing, shipping options, etc.
- Help resolve problems that arise during normal business hours.
- Maintain accurate records for all calls received through our system.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and other departments
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong customer service experience is required
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match for full-time employees