How to Apply: The State of Texas application is required and is only received through Work In Texas.
Go to: https://www.workintexas.com/vosnet/Default.asp to apply.
- OOG Job #: 2024-01
- WIT #: 16202362
- Opening Date: 9/25/2023
- Travel Required: 10%
- Monthly Salary: $4,900.00 - $5,500.00/mo
- Position Location: Austin, Texas
- Group Step: B20
- Class: 1573
Economic Development Finance Specialist – Austin, Texas
The Office of the Governor is looking for an experienced Economic Development Finance Specialist (Program Specialist IV) to work in the Economic Development and Tourism Office (EDT).
Who We Are
The Office of the Governor works to build a healthier, safer, freer, and more prosperous future for all Texans. We are located primarily within the Texas State Capitol Complex in Austin.
What You’ll Earn
The salary is $4,900.00 - $5,500.00 a month ($58,800.00 - $66,000.00 a year).
Benefits include medical insurance, sick leave, and vacation leave. Also, State of Texas employees are eligible for a defined retirement plan. Learn more: https://www.ers.texas.gov/Active-Employees/Health-Benefits
What You’ll Do
This is a job that performs technical assistance work, provides consultative services, and makes recommendations to staff, industry, constituents, lending institutions, and local, state and federal governments. You will be called on to prepare financial reports and assist in the planning and coordinating of economic development projects and lending activities.
- Develops and administers EDT financial programs, as assigned.
- Performs an array of technical, training, research, planning, program assessment, and administrative activities for EDT financial programs, as assigned.
- Develops and engages business prospects and communities in identifying financing for product development, job growth, and retention.
- Effectively monitors performance contracts in assigned portfolios.
- Advises staff on matters relating to financial contracts, third party business agreements, etc.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to internal and external audiences.
How You’ll Qualify
- Four (4) years of professional experience in business administration, finance, accounting, economic development, economics, political science, public administration, or a related field; and
- Knowledge of banking, lending, financial statements, implementation and administration of finance programs, and knowledge of investment management, including local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
You’re a Great Fit with
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in business administration, finance, accounting, economic development, economics, political science, public administration, or a related field.
- Certified Texas Contract Manager.
- Prior experience in bank credit analysis, loan administration, investment banking, tax credit financing or comparable responsibilities.
- Knowledge of industry and market terminology, procedures and related business trends.
Other Things to Know and When You Should Apply
It’s a great job for an experienced professional who likes to perform consultative services and technical assistance for financial programs. Apply now by submitting a state of Texas application. Applications are reviewed daily.
Experience and education may be substituted for one another on a year-for-year basis.
Texas Contract Manager Certification required within one year of hire date.
Telework opportunities are available upon request. Reliable internet is required. Alternate work schedules and telework may be discussed with the hiring manager during the interview process.
Veterans, Reservists, or members of the Guard can compare this position to Military Occupations (MOS)at the Texas State Auditor's Office.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $4,900.00 - $5,500.00 per month
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person