Cryptic Studios is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst. The Quality Assurance Analyst works under the direction of the QA Manager to perform quality assurance tasks such as implementing test plans, executing test cases and scripts, and tracking/ documenting software and product features and flaws.
A successful candidate should be able to provide qualitative and quantitative analysis aimed at refining game features and improving game experience. The quality assurance tester will coordinate with the production, design, software, and art teams to achieve this.
Every day you could be:
- Performing build verification testing; regression testing; and game balance testing (among a variety of other types of QA testing).
- Working directly with the game development teams.
- Assisting in the refinement and improvements of testing procedures and test plans.
- Providing assistance to managers and leads on game-play and game-balance analysis.
- Identifying and reporting quality assurance and testing issues and defects.
- Assisting with the coordination of playtesting.
- Testing and verifying quality of software and internal tools.
What we’d like to see:
- 2+ years’ experience as a QA Test Analyst or equivalent experience in similar field.
- Ability to follow rigorous quality assurance processes.
- Thorough understanding of the importance of QA and testing.
- Ability to analyze or develop processes and suggest improvements effectively.
- Understanding of quality assurance and testing principles.
- Highly organized.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated documentation skills a plus.
- Industry experience in production, QA, or software development.
- Console and PC industry game experience.
- Technical understanding of multiple facets of game and/or software development.
- Demonstrated success in fast and dynamic environments.
- Experience with console certification standards are a bonus, but not necessary.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the US
What Cryptic Offers:
- Remote work options - anywhere within The United States
- A fun tight-knit team
- Full-time role
- Paid holiday, sick time & paid time off
- Health insurance & perks
- Company social events
If you are passionate about creating realistic environments and have a proven track record of creating high-quality assets using Unreal Engine, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our team and help us create immersive worlds that engage and captivate players.
At Cryptic Studios, Inc. the standard base pay range for this role is $45,000 - $70,000 annually ($20-35/hr). This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.