Act may apply for any posted position. Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/careers to be considered for this
employment opportunity. You must have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment
opportunities, examinations (when applicable), and background checks will be sent by email. Please add the following email
domain addresses to your contact list to allow all correspondence to be received - @usps.gov; @psionline.com;
@geninfo.com; @uspis.gov. EXAM: If an exam is required and you are invited to take the test, instructions regarding the
exam process will be sent to you via email. Please ensure you can receive email messages from our test vendor and follow
instructions carefully so you can be considered for this employment opportunity. SCREENINGS: You may receive multiple
requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate
filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI
fingerprint check, state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where
the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation,
the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding
5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only,
but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S.
government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or
as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background
check because of residency outside the United States, such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
Performs distribution and a variety of sales and customer support services for products. Maintains pleasant and effective
public relations with customers and others requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, and procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs any variety of sales and customer services at a retail window such as maintaining sufficient inventory of and
selling stamps, stamped paper, other retail products, passport acceptance (where applicable) and other retail services; may
use a computerized system, accepting and delivering packages and accountable mail; issuing and cashing foreign and
domestic postal money orders; accepting and responding to customer claims and inquiries, and providing information to the
public regarding postal regulations.
2. Provides sales and customer service support by greeting customers and explaining store layout; determining special
interests and referring to sales and promotional programs; offers assistance in product selection; provides lobby assistance
that includes monitoring the retail line, directing customers to the self-service kiosk (SSK) (where applicable), and/or using
Mobile Point of Service (mPOS) to complete transactions (where applicable)
3. Provides product and service information to customers, including informing customers regarding special offers; suggestive
selling related merchandise; promoting products based on customer needs. Provides additional information regarding
product features and services.
4. Handles and processes customer purchases and returns relating to products and services and may use a point of sale
system. Assists customers with transactions.
5. Maintains appearance of retail lobby by setting up, arranging, and replenishing displays and merchandise racks; ensures
display and selling areas, work stations, and storage areas are presentable to customers. Performs routine maintenance on
SSKs and mPOS, including trouble shooting.
6. Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand; attaches and removes security devices; accounts for items on
display; and verifies and records sales floor inventory and shrinkage. Brings inventory discrepancies and shrinkage reports to
the attention of the appropriate supervisory presence.
7. May verify presort and bulk mailings of all classifications, computing and maintaining on a current basis mailers' credit
8. Checks and sets post postage meters.
9. Rents post office boxes, receives rental payments, conducts reference checks, and completes related forms.