Service is a party.
Manager of unit to which assigned.
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated
and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and
experience the following requirements:
1. Ability to prepare pretrial briefs, motions, pleadings, responses and other documents to present the issues independently
with little or no direct supervision.
2. Ability to provide legal advice and services with respect to regulations, practices, or other legal matters, and formulate
opinions involving the analysis and interpretation of federal, state and local laws.
3. Ability to litigate cases before administrative bodies and federal courts.
4. Ability to communicate orally and in writing to include the ability to negotiate with third parties on behalf of clients and
prepare legal documents and presentations.
5. Ability to conduct legal research to gather and interpret information and ensure accuracy of details; using resources such
as internal and external documents, archives, electronic databases, and interviews.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: To be eligible for the Attorney position, you must possess a Juris Doctor from an
American Bar Association accredited law school.
7. SPECIAL CONDITION: Qualified applicants must be a current member in good standing of a state, territory of the United
States, District of Columbia or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Bar Association.
8. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: At least 3 years of experience in legal practice, of which one year of the experience
requirement may be met through the completion of a judicial clerkship if completed by the time of hire. The clerkship must be
documented in the applicant's resume.
Occasional travel is required.
Cover letter, resume, and writing sample are required.
This is a two-step application process requiring you to create a profile and submit an application for the position you are
You will receive two email confirmations:
1. An email confirming your profile is complete.
2. After submitting your application, you will receive a second email confirming your application has been successfully
For additional information, please contact Cyril Johnson at Talent.usps.gov
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement
to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans'
preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form
214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an
equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or
selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This
request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation