Hiring in multiple locations!
Our regional headquarters are located in beautiful Frederick Maryland where the region is currently comprised of 9 retail stores, 2 warehouse locations and has roughly 300 employees. We hope to expand our retail footprint and believe we have capacity for upwards of 15-20 stores within our territory.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a smaller region, but have the support and infrastructure of one of the largest Goodwill’s in the network, Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona (GCNA). After the merger in 2020, Goodwill of Monocacy Valley has been able to grow retail revenue and stabilize operations with the support of GCNA’s innovative best practices.
6300 Georgetown Blvd Sykesville Maryland, 21784, +1 (410) 3192236
Starting Pay: $60,000/yr.,
Responsible for the oversight, leadership and achievement of results for multiple Retail Store locations. Directs all aspects of daily operations; leading the team and driving the business. Provides strategic vision, leadership and general management skills for both short- and long-term success. Key responsibilities include store operations, financial management, human resources, control of inventory and training & development. Maintains control-related standards and procedures. Builds and retains motivated, high performing teams through effective leadership of line management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Financial – Sustains growth through financial stewardship & fiscal responsibility.
- Executes retail operations plan to achieve required targeted growth in daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals for profit, revenue, and production for multiple Retail Store locations.
- Spends time in the stores with retail teams and customers to understand and identify business critical issues in order to ensure the alignment of tactics and strategies.
- Coordinates with Store Managers to define objectives and goals by constantly developing innovative and cost effective product generation; monitors product levels daily to achieve bottom line sales budget against targets.
- Works with the Regional District Director to generate ideas about future retail activities to ensure a cutting edge strategy; maintains up-to-date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends.
- Partners with Retail Leadership to facilitate the annual budget process.
2. Customer & Community – Collaborates with customers to understand and deliver customer’s needs & expectations.
- Partners with HR Business Partners to ensure people management goals are achieved and issues are satisfactorily resolved.
- Ensures store locations deliver excellent customer service to donors and customers.
- Ensures store locations are clean, well-kept, and reflect the Goodwill brand appropriately.
- Partners with community businesses and organizations to promote Goodwill mission.
- Serves as a Goodwill ambassador to the community.
3. Operational Excellence – Implements strategies to maximize resources and infrastructure.
- Ensures that store leadership is well-trained and fulfill their duties and responsibilities.
- Coordinates efforts among locations to allocate donations, team members, and leadership to maximize area performance.
- Ensures the district complies with all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health and Safety; influences any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to team members and the business.
- Must have reliable transportation to visit each location regularly (at least once a week) to teach, train, and inspire.
- Partners with support areas (Asset Protection, Human Resources, Safety, Finance, etc.) to further business goals and ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
4. Team Goodwill – Promotes a culture that embraces growth & development to meet the needs of our team.
- Leads the district in building a strong sales management culture; spends time coaching store leadership, identifying skills and opportunities for development; provides advice and guidance on issues. Identifies top talent through interviews and hiring to ensure the organizations capability to deliver on its goals.
- Responsible for performance management (coaching, discipline, performance improvement plans, and annual reviews), staffing, compensation, and development of Store Managers.
- Ensures that store leadership effectively manages performance of team members.
- Models Goodwill Core Values – Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Plays critical role in driving company culture change efforts and change management processes.
- Coordinates efforts with various Goodwill divisions, as needed.
Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Key Competencies/Enabling Attributes:
I. Leading Your People: Effectively engages and inspires others to become proud members of Goodwill by being a role model in every action and interaction.
- Acquires and Retains Top Talent – Creates and motivates the highest quality workforce to ensure GCNA becomes a best-in-class organization.
- Fosters a Foundation of Trust – Establishes an environment of trust and respect that inspires high engagement.
- Builds Diverse Partnerships – Develops strategic partnerships inside and outside the organization to support the GCNA vision and brand.
II. Leading Performance: Delivers high performance results through effective decision-making, planning, and execution to exceed customer expectations.
- Manages Performance and Results – Develops and executes plans that drive accountability for operational success.
- Makes Sound and Timely Decisions – Models managerial courage, business acumen and discernment to make sound decisions that positively impact business results.
- Surpasses Customer Expectations – Establishes an attitude and commitment to “wow” the customer.
III. Leading the Business: Possesses the knowledge and expertise to lead the operations, deliver results, control budget, & drive business growth.
- Applies Business and Financial Reasoning – Understands how the team’s performance and financials contribute to the success of the GCNA Mission.
- Acts Strategically – Develops distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage and translates a strategic vision into specific objectives and action plans.
- Embraces Change and Innovation – Establishes an environment that anticipates and embraces change.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- 3 years’ work experience in Retail Management within a multiple store organization and Retail Buying, preferably thrift, or any combination of education and experience which would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to meet the minimum qualifications to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must have experience in development and growth of a retail store chain.
- 3 years’ of experience with Retail Inventory POS Computer System preferred.
- 5 years’ of supervisory experience as well as developing and managing business operations preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid drivers’ license and clean MVR.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position.
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Goodwill endeavors to make our website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact HR Services at 602-535-4000, option 5, or [email protected]. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.
PHISHING SCAM WARNING: Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona/Goodwill Industries of Monocacy Valley, Inc. (“GCNA/GIMV”) are among several companies recently made aware of a phishing scam involving con artists posing as hiring managers recruiting via email, text and social media. The imposters are creating misleading email accounts, conducting remote “interviews,” and making artificial job offers in order to collect personal and financial information from unsuspecting individuals. Please note that GCNA/GIMV only use company email addresses, which contain “@goodwillaz.org” or @gimv.org”, to communicate with candidates via email. The company also uses secure tools on our website to receive data from applicants and would never ask them to submit their personal banking information to apply for an open job. If you are contacted by someone about an open job at GCNA/GIMV, please verify the domain of the sender’s email address and that they are asking you to apply on this website. If you believe you have been a victim of a phishing scam, please visit the Department of Homeland Security’s Cyber Smart website (https://www.cisa.gov/be-cyber-smart/campaign) to learn how to report it.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person