We are growing! Fred Astaire Dance Studios® is excited to be adding to our team of professional dance coaches. We are currently hiring for a Dance Coach. Whether you have years of dance and/or dance instructor experience or none at all, you could have a successful future with us! If you love interacting with people, having fun, helping others, staying VERY active, and having control over what you earn, you will love a career with Fred Astaire!
As a high energy, customer-focused coach, you will conduct private and group dance classes throughout the week. You and your Fred Astaire team will help students to reach their personal dance goals through many different ways – from a single event to a lifelong journey of dance growth. You will have a unique honor to enhance people’s lives every day. You will meet and work closely with people from all walks of life which will give you a level of personal enrichment you could never experience in any other environment.
We maintain regular studio hours throughout the week; however, we host many events that take place on some weekday evenings and some weekends as well which you will need and want to attend with your students.
Who we are:
Enriching lives – physically, mentally, emotionally & socially, through the positive, transforming power of dance.
Fred Astaire Dance Studios® is the leader in ballroom dance instruction across the country and around the world. Founded in 1947 with one studio on Park Avenue in Manhattan, we have grown our franchise network to 180 dance studio locations serving over 25,000 students! We are global family, proudly honoring the legacy of Mr. Fred Astaire, committed to pursuing excellence of life through dance.
We welcome everyone who is interested in starting their dance journey because we believe that dance is for everybody and for every BODY! People ask “Why do students stay with Fred Astaire Dance Studios®?” It is because of the atmosphere of kindness, warmth and care given and received at every location. It’s what our students tell us they notice from the first time they step inside our studio – an energy and sense of “FADS community” that is welcoming, non-judgmental, and FUN!
Fred Astaire Dance Studios® has something for everyone. We offer group and private lessons, choreograph wedding dances or just prepare the happy couple and wedding party for the big day, provide opportunities to perform in beautiful venues, host local parties for dance practice and comradery and we host an average of 35 spectacular branded National, Inter-Regional and Regional Dance Competitions annually giving our students and professionals opportunities to compete in a variety of categories.
- Are self-motivated, enthusiastic and 100% passionate about dance.
- Have outstanding customer service skills.
- Understand what it takes to be successful and are willing to commit to the work.
- Hold themselves accountable.
- Are unselfish team players.
- Eagerly accept coaching and feedback for improvement.
- Have a positive outlook – cup is always half full.
- Establish exceptional physical fitness/endurance levels to perform this role successfully.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with students of all ages.
As a Fred Astaire Certified Dancer, you can expect us to provide you:
- A high energy-fun filled work environment!
- A variety of activities to participate in and offer students such as group and private lessons, performances, parties and competitions.
- The best initial and ongoing professional dance training in the country.
- A robust and well-established dance curriculum and program to teach the students.
- Access to top-level national dance coaches to help further your dance skills.
- Expert training programs to develop both your dance and business skills.
- Professional advancement at all management levels including studio ownership!
- Opportunities to compete and earn championship titles and prize money in both Pro and Pro-Am categories.
- Beautiful venues to perform with another professional and with your students.
- Travel opportunities.
Our compensation plan includes multiple components:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Multiple opportunities to earn bonuses.
- Competition winnings
- Benefits including: PTO/Vacation, Continuing Education, Health and Wellness Benefits