Foster Farms has been serving families since 1939. Since the founding days, Foster Farms has always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. Our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our valued TEAM Members will shine through in everything we do.
Foster Farms is always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms TEAM. We offer the experience of a large organization, however, we operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage TEAM Members to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Pay Range: $22.00 - $25.80 per hour
The purpose of this position is to provide appropriate medical treatment for work-related injuries or illnesses through on-site treatment or referral to an off-site Medical provider. Initiate and complete injured worker’s statement and worker’s compensation claim paperwork, as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Provide appropriate medical care:
- Aid all Team Members with injuries occurring in the course of employment for occupational and non-occupational injuries. Call 911 for emergency response when needed.
- Transport all Team Members to an outside medical facility when injured at work. First visits and ER visits only.
- Instruct Team Members on proper care of injury or illness.
- Communicate with outside medical professionals, TPA’s and management, as needed, regarding claims.
- Provide light duty assignments, as needed, from doctor.
- Relay doctor’s orders to Management and Human Resources.
- Be at work and on-time and maintain consistent professionalism in the Medical Services Department, to include appropriate dress code. Maintain a clean, professional office in appearance and operation.
Complete proper documentation:
- Enter “claim” information into Origami to include all follow-up care, until the claim is closed.
- Maintain complete and accurate individual Team Member medical charts regarding all treatment in Origami. Record and scan original Doctors’ notes into Team Member’s chart in Origami.
- Provide Team Members with appropriate Workers’ Compensation documentation, ensure accurate completion, and forward to TPA in accordance with OSHA and Self-Insured requirements. Copy reports to appropriate management personnel.
- Update daily / weekly logs and summaries.
Restock office inventory on a daily basis; check and restock first aid kits in plant on a weekly basis. Track inventory, log and batch test validity of metal detectable blue band aids in accordance with current BRC requirements, and disinfect bio-hazardous trash.
Adhere to all OSHA, State and Federal regulations. Receive and appropriately process non job -related medical notes in accordance with HIPAA laws.
Prepares and assists with hearing test paperwork for Annual testing process.
Assist personnel in the application of the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Tour plant daily for safety issues and to check on light duty Team Members
Assist HR or plant personnel whenever needed
Current EMT certification and CPR Certification.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Must be detail oriented and accurate in documentation tasks
Bilingual in Spanish / English is helpful
Ability to deal with a wide variety of people under stressful circumstances in a professional manner
PC & Microsoft Office skills required
Knowledge of OSHA/WISHA Regulations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new TEAM Members.