ABOUT AUSTIN REGIONAL CLINIC:
Austin Regional Clinic has been voted a top Central Texas employer by our employees for over 10 years! We are one of central Texas’ largest professional medical groups with 25+ locations and we are continuing to grow. We offer the following benefits to eligible team members: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, PTO, 401(k), EAP, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Child Care Assistance, Health & Fitness, Sick Child Care Assistance, Development and more. For additional information visit https://www.austinregionalclinic.com/careers/
PURPOSE: Directs the organization's accounting functions of multiple corporations and partnerships within management services, healthcare and real estate industries. These functions include establishing and maintaining the organization's accounting principles, practices, procedures and internal controls. Oversees the preparation of GAAP accrual basis financials, inter-company transactions and payments, and supporting work paper preparation for tax returns and quarterly tax payments. Monitors compliance with federal and state reporting. Coordinates the corporate and internal audits. Collaborates with the Director of Financial Analysis & Treasury to manage the daily operations of the finance team and to ensure all financial reporting needs of the organization are met in the most effective and efficient manner. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization.
- Interpretation and understanding of all contracts and contractual relationships within the organization that impact the proper recording of financial data to include financial statements and various cost accounting and payroll reporting.
- Understands contracts and various boards and/or operational committees that are required to approve financial policies and or transactions.
- Collaborates with leadership on implementation of new contracts and/or changes to existing contracts to ensure the organizations objectives are met in all areas of the organization.
- Communicates with leadership on potential contract compliance issues.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP requirements.
- Researches and documents the organizations position for contract interpretation and implementation and tax and GAAP positions.
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal regulations (Federal and state franchise tax returns, unclaimed property, Flex, DOL, etc.).
- Ensures timely and accurate issuance of tax work papers, payments, returns, etc.
- Interprets and ensures compliance with any and all debt covenants.
- Monitors, measures and reports internal department quality standards.
- Ensures proper internal controls within the accounting department.
- Ensures proper system-wide internal controls related to the safeguarding of the organizations’ assets, system access and separation of duties.
- Develops and maintains documented policies and procedures to adequately support proper internal controls.
- Aligns the department’s priorities and activities to the strategic goals of the company.
- Clarifies the company vision and emotionally energizes team members to contribute toward shared success.
- Hires, develops, and retains the best talent through competency-based hiring and selection, career development, and motivational strategies.
- Anticipates, communicates, and encourages employee involvement in needed change initiatives.
- Provides frequent feedback and coaches all team members to grow and develop high-impact skills.
- Focuses on win-win communication when conflicts, problems, or misunderstandings arise.
- Maintains a network of key contacts across the company, exchanges expertise, and optimizes systems and processes.
- Sponsors high-impact process improvements and encourages team members to adopt a continuous improvement mindset.
Accounting (GL & A/P): Communicates the organization’s strategic goals, mission, contractual relationships and department’s goals to department leadership to ensure:
- Financial statement issuance is in accordance with GAAP.
- Proper recording of the organization’s investments
- Proper recording and maintenance of the organization’s stock records.
- Decisions, procedures, and coding implemented align with needs of all areas of the organization.
- Proper levels of approval are obtained for accounting policies and procedures.
- Systems are properly and efficiently designed, setup, implemented, and tested to support required accounting functions.
- Accurate and timely issuance of payments, required financial reporting, audits, and tax returns.
- Proper recording of inter-company transactions and timely reconciliation and issuance of related payments.
- Proper monitoring and reporting of the organization’s required debt covenants.
- Best practices and internal controls maintained within their area.
Payroll: Accountable for Payroll operations to include:
- Establishing, documenting and implementing payroll policies and procedures supporting internal controls.
- Ensures compliance with Pay Day Law and other applicable payroll related laws.
- Coordinates with Director of Financial Systems to ensure system is setup and functioning properly and in accordance with federal and state regulations, company’s procedures to ensure payroll is paid timely and accurately, and to allow for proper reporting for GAAP and tax purposes.
- Collaborates with Operations and HR to ensure systems and policies and procedures meet the needs of the overall organization.
- Collaborates with Financial Analysis and leadership to ensure payroll system is configured and data is appropriately captured to allow for proper reporting of various cost accounting needs including but not limited to Enterprise Accounting Reporting and physician compensation plans.
- Best practices and internal controls maintained within their area.
Audit Coordination and Reporting:
- Handles coordination of all financial related audits with external as well as internal personnel (corporate, pension, workers comp, single audits, franchise tax and sales tax).
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of the audits in accordance with the appropriate standards (GAAP, ERISA, DOL, etc.).
- Collaborates with leadership and external departments on reporting tools necessary to effectively manage operations.
- Adheres to all company policies, including but not limited to, OSHA, HIPAA, compliance and Code of Conduct.
- Regular and dependable attendance.
- Follows the core competencies set forth by the Company, which are available for review on CMSweb.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Required: High school diploma or GED. Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field. At least seven (7) years of accounting experience, four (4) years of supervisory experience, and at least two (2) years of cost accounting experience. Experience with contract interpretation and implementation, internal controls (assessments, implementation and documentation), federal and state tax work paper preparation and compliance, and payroll management.
Preferred: Highly prefer experience with healthcare accounting, consolidations, eliminations, and intercompany accounting/funding. Experience with patient receivable reserve analysis, multi-company accounting, partnership accounting, and real estate accounting. Experience with ADP payroll system and Oracle financial system.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detailed knowledge of the preparation process for financial statements in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including Healthcare principles.
- Detailed knowledge of researching GAAP and tax issues.
- Working knowledge of tax work paper preparation (1120, 1065, K1, 940, 941, & 5500) to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory agencies.
- Advanced detailed knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Detailed knowledge of financial reporting concepts and preferred business practices.
- Oracle financial systems and ADP payroll systems, preferred.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints.
- Ability to understand, recall and communicate factual information.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and handle competing priorities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule and work schedules of others.
- Ability to organize and archive work product and critical documentation of the department and organization.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the department’s credibility, operations and services.
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job duties.
- Ability to compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and/or orally communication technical information.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone, computer or other electronic device using understandable terminology.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and professionally.
- Ability to make informal presentations, inside and/or outside the organization.
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of limited scope or impact, etc., and/or to make presentations outside the immediate work area.
- Ability to decipher complex and comprehensive materials such as legal documents, authoritative guidance and reports, official publications of major scope and impact, etc., make formal presentations, and develop position statements regarding such information.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with physicians, external department leadership, employees, and external business associates.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees and the customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, use basic algebraic formulas, and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy.
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret complex data and/or to develop forecasts and models, when applicable.
- Skill in analyzing and interpreting financial records.
- Ability to resolve problems or situations requiring the exercise of good judgment.
- Ability to readily learn and apply information technology applications and take responsibility for updating skills
- Ability to engage others, listen and adapt response to meet others’ needs.
- Ability to align own actions with those of other team members committed to common goals.
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skills, including familiarity with Windows based software.
- Ability to perform job duties in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to understand, recall, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Austin, TX 78723: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have prior experience in payroll?
- accounting: 7 years (Required)
- cost accounting: 2 years (Required)
- supervisory: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: In person