Whiskey Bird is a busy restaurant in Morningside Village, right next to Virginia-Highlands, Emory Village and Mid-town is hiring. We are looking for passionate, thoughtful and team oriented individuals who are focused on delivering meaningful hospitality. Restaurant experience is preferred but not necessary.
Professional and positive working environment. Full and part time positions are available now. Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
About Whiskey Bird
Whiskey Bird is a new independent neighborhood restaurant that serves Asian-accented American fare. We bring together the vibrancy of Asian flavors with the diversity of American tastes to create dishes that embody our inventive and creative spirit. We want our dishes to be unexpected, uninhibited and most importantly unforgettable. We believe in surprising and delighting our guests’ through our creative and innovative food and our thoughtful and attentive service. Whiskey Bird will be opening for dinner only Tuesday-Sunday.
Be friendly, outgoing, and possess good communication skills. Position responsible for ensuring guests’ enjoyment. You should be organized, able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure. Be guest sensitive and possess a sense of timing. Take pride in personal appearance and show dedication to your job. Display integrity and honesty in all aspects of your employment. To surprise and delight every guest, every time through our creative and innovative food and our thoughtful and attentive service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Welcomes each guests personally using enthusiastic words, tone, and body language at all times
- Makes guests feel appreciated through your actions
- Works as a team with all personnel in order to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service
- Works with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to the Whiskey Bird’s standards at all times
- Mixes, garnishes, and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes
- Inputs drink orders into computer immediately, collects money from guests for drinks served and makes change
- Arranges bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display
- Washes and sterilizes glassware
- Counts drinks guests are served and tracks open bar tabs
- Anticipates Guest’s needs and follow the half-full rule when offering another drink; remains alert of Guest signals (raising a hand, looking directly at you, etc.), and acknowledges Guest so they know you will be right with them
- Learns guests’ names, occupations, and food and beverage preferences
- Cultivate strong relationships with regulars
- Clearing and resetting bar seats
- Responsibly serves alcohol and remains aware of guests’ state of intoxication
- Checking identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages; refusing to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age
- Observing guests’ behavior once they have consumed alcoholic beverages, counting number of drinks served, and offering a taxi if you feel they should not drive; asking a manager for help with disorderly customers as needed
- Reporting to work in a neat and clean uniform; maintaining well-groomed hair and personal hygiene as established by company policy
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Be of legal age to serve alcohol
- State applicable health and/or alcohol compliance card
- Ability to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better
- Basic mathematical skills and an ability to handle money and give correct change
- Basic reading skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits, and be familiar with standard drink recipes
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Multi-task oriented
- Knowledge of Company’s food and beverage specifications
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the functions of this job, an employee must walk, stand, or remain stationary during entire the shift. Employee must be able to continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe with the potential for slipping or tripping. Employee must frequently wash their hands and lift or move up to 35 pounds.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.