As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, September 2023)
Day to Day
The Hired Signal team builds the central data source of hires on Indeed. Teams across the company use the “hired signal” to train models, create personalized user experiences, and test the impact of product changes (A/B testing).
As Data Science Manager, you will manage an influential team of Data Scientists and work with important decision-makers across the business to develop metrics and data products that provide a crucial edge for Indeed in the market
- Think critically about metric design, distributed data collection, and data engineering
- Provide technical direction to data scientists on the team and cross-functional peers, including Product Managers, Software Engineers
- Ensure delivery of data science solutions, set expectations for what can be done and by when, and prioritize incoming projects.
- Coach scientists to improve their performance, advise them on their career direction, and develop their abilities
- Scope projects, gather and improve on requirements, and delegate work effectively.
- Improve existing Agile, ML, and A/B testing processes and develop new ones.
- Occasionally write and review code alongside individual contributors when needed, e.g., exploring data using various SQL dialects, and deploying science and engineering solutions in Python and/or Java.
- 3+ years as a direct people manager in Data Science or Machine Learning Engineering, overseeing teams of 3 or more, handling intricate problems at scale
- 5+ years of industry experience, with expertise in Data Science, Business Analytics, or Data Analysis.
- 3+ years coding in Python, and experience with SQL Databases like Presto and data processing frameworks like Spark
- Full stack experience in data analysis, including collection, aggregation, visualization, productionisation, and monitoring
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (including Computer Science, Math, the physical sciences, the social sciences, or related fields)
Salary Range Transparency
- US Remote 164,000 - 238,000 USD per year
- Austin 164,000 - 238,000 USD per year
- NYC Metro Area 179,000 - 259,000 USD per year
- Seattle 183,000 - 266,000USD per year
- SF Bay Area 191,000 - 276,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position in the given work location. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range(s) listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), a Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Benefits - Health, Work/Life Harmony, & Wellbeing
We care about what you care about. We have a multitude of benefits to support Indeedians, as well as their pets, kids, and partners. Select your country and learn more about our employee benefits, program, & perks at https://benefits.indeed.jobs!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Accommodations at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at [email protected]. If you are requesting accommodation for an interview, please reach out at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance at employment.
Reference ID: 43302
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $164,000.00 - $238,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Quarterly bonus
- Yearly pay
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- direct people management: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote