Push the limits of what’s possible with us as an experienced member of our Software Engineering team.
As an experienced Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase, you serve as member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way.
Depending on the team that you join, you could be developing mobile features that give our customers and clients more control over how they bank with us, strategizing on how big data can make our trading systems quicker, creating the next innovation in payments for merchants, or supporting the integration of our private and public cloud platforms.
- Participates in, design and develop scalable and resilient systems using Java or Python to contribute to continual, iterative improvements for product teams
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Produces or contributes to architecture and design artifacts for applications while ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing and operational stability
- Proficient in coding in Java or Python languages
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Exposure to cloud technologies
Your Role Level
JPMorgan Chase is looking to hire Software Engineers at Software Engineer II and Software Engineer III levels. A determination will be made on placement for successful candidates based on the results of a skills-based assessment which applicants will be asked to complete during the hiring process, as well as, the candidate interview. The assessment will evaluate ability to perform basic coding and systems design responsibilities. For the Software Engineer II level, the role requires the ability to understand advance features of a coding language, design a viable system, and solve functional problems through basic language applications. For the Software Engineer III level, the role requires a higher level of proficiency and the ability to function independently, including the ability to use and explain advance features of a coding language, design systems across technologies and platforms, solve functional and non-functional problems through an application of language best practices, as well as, the ability to assess issues broadly, identify alternative or innovative solutions, collaborate effectively, and provide guidance to others.
ABOUT THE TEAM
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.