Title: Copywriter | Marketing & Communications
Client: Professional Services Firm
Location: Houston, Texas (onsite & potentially a hybrid role)
Summary: ***MUST be based in Houston, TX. ***
- Seeking experienced copywriter to bring fresh ideas, a mastermind of words and out-of-the-box thinking to content and upper funnel campaigns.
- Will work alongside members of the Marketing team to develop and edit content to be used across all channels (e-mail, web, social media, blogs, editorials, advertorials, and testimonials).
- Will actively lead brainstorming sessions and creative development efforts to drive strong conceptual solutions and consult with subject matter experts to obtain, develop and clarify technical information related to products and services.
- Must shift copywriting approach, as appropriate, for any and all media, as well as drive and manage an overall copy strategy to ensure the consistent voice is applied to all mediums.
Duties: ***MUST be based in Houston, TX. ***
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present complex information in a simple, easily understandable way.
- Must be able to incorporate SEO best practices into digital and web-based copy.
- Must appreciate variety and thoroughly understand the digital space spectrum.
- Ability to produce copy that reflects corporate brand principles (voice, tone).
- Comfortable working within a content management system to edit copy on webpages.
- Works with little direction, knowing the goals and performing self-directed research.
- Proven ability to produce copy that engages, builds relationships and encourages taking action
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and works on multiple tasks with a variety of departments, divisions and team members • Flexible - can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines • Willingness to travel occasionally
Requirements: ***MUST be based in Houston, TX. ***
- Note: Only applicants who include writing samples will be considered; Online portfolio is required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of agency experience including at least 5 years of marketing experience or equivalent experience in investigative news, reporting, journalism.
- Excellent time-management, people and analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, motivated, independent worker.
- Familiarity with the creative development process.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects from start to finish.
- Ability to operate in a fluid environment.
- Self-starter and team player, collaborating on decisions and taking actions to drive the best outcomes.
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Advertising or Marketing from a four-year college or university.