Field Technical Trainer
Number of employees reporting to the incumbent
Delivering training to clients and/or company employees. This position focuses primarily on delivery of technical training courses, and varying levels of delivery for parts, sales, and other related courses based on client training needs. Additionally, they must be an effective communicator and can explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way along with possessing solid technical aptitude.
- Essential Functions (Responsibilities)
- Instruct in a face-to-face and virtual training environment.
- Plan, schedule and conduct on-site/off-site training.
- Travel is estimated 95%.
- Research various topics through self-development to improve individual expertise in both training subject matter/content and delivery skills.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the course in meeting its objectives during delivery and from course evaluations.
- Determine effectiveness of training and recommend revisions and changes when needed.
- Be responsible for classroom/training event administration (acquiring roster, taking enrollment, completing exit evaluations) and communicating results to appropriate personnel or system.
- Assess participants for knowledge and speed/materials of courses presented.
- Anticipate and solve problems.
- Bachelor's degree and/or industry certification preferred.
- Experience with adult learning preferred.
- Customer service oriented.
- Basic knowledge of training and development processes, including areas such as instructional skills, presentation skills, needs assessments, adult learning theory, and curriculum development.
- Basic knowledge of electronics (including CAN Bus), and pneumatics
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic, engines/powertrains, and HVAC.
- Knowledge of service repair, theory of operation, and equipment operation.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- An effective communicator with the ability to listen well and exhibit excellent follow-through.
- Promote and foster positive working relationships with clients, coworkers, and leadership.
- Software savvy, including Microsoft Office, proficiency required.
- Possess valid driver’s license and insurance and have a passport within 2 months of hire.
- Ability to troubleshoot/diagnostics.
- Employee must have excellent close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust visual focus.
- Employee must be able to differentiate between colors
- Employee may be required to get certain inoculations/vaccines depending on the country(s) visited.
All Business Units
Vendors and suppliers
Able to stand for extended periods of time to conduct training
Able to maneuver in the lab/shop/outdoors, employee might be required to stand, sit, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, and crawl while performing duties on customer’s equipment.
Able to transport equipment and materials weighing up to 10 pounds.
Able to send/receive written and verbal communication, such as email and telephone.
Able to work in all outdoor weather conditions.
Able to work indoors in open concept setting.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions as of the date below. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned and may be changed at any time.
COMPETENCIES, CORE CRITERIA, TECHNICAL SKILLS, AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Working with People
Acts with professionalism and integrity.
Builds relationships and fosters teamwork.
Adapts to change and exhibits self-confidence.
Attention to detail.
Demonstrates functional excellence.
Exceeds customer/client expectations.
Highly presentable and well-groomed. Business casual attire is expected.
Speaks and writes clearly and concisely; demonstrates self-confidence.
Outgoing, polite, and polished; able to handle sensitive and delicate people.
Passionate about meeting and dealing with people.
Pleasant and professional approach.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $28.00 - $33.00 per hour
Expected hours: 10 – 50 per week
Work Location: On the road