CRYPTOLOGIC LANGUAGE ANALYST - 1N3X1
This job requires military service with a contract as a commissioned officer in the Air Force Reserve. The application is for a specific position within the Air Force Reserve.
Intelligence comes in many forms. Our Cryptologic Language Analysts are responsible for deciphering and relaying this vital information to the proper decision-makers. Proficient in a foreign language such as Chinese, Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Farsi or others, they’re essential to helping us communicate with allies and assess threats around the globe.
- Identify regional and cultural factors associated with activities of interest.
- Operate voice and graphic communications equipment.
- Transcribe, translate and summarize intercepted voice and graphic messages.
- Provide warning of adversarial intentions against U.S.
- Use foreign-language skills to identify and process communications.
- Outstanding free or low-cost healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Food and housing assistance
- Continuing-education opportunities
- Free or low-cost healthcare
- World-travel opportunities
This is an active-duty position as an Air Force Reserve officer. To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma, GED with 15 college credits or GED
- General ASVAB requirements
- Documented foreign language proficiency in a designated language
- Completion of a designated Cryptologic Language Analyst Initial Skills course
- No history of temporomandibular joint disorder or pain
- A minimum score of 110 on the Defense Language Aptitude Battery
- Ability to type at a rate of 25 words per minute
- Favorable completion and of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
About the Air Force Reserve
The Air Force Reserve offers you more ways than ever to build your future–on your terms–with over 200 part-time and full-time jobs with full-time benefits. These all include low-cost health insurance, a generous retirement plan, tuition assistance, and education programs. This way you have the flexibility to pursue your civilian career, an education, and your own interests while serving close to home. Also, if you're currently serving or have served, and are ready for more flexibility, we value your experience. In most cases, you won’t have to re-complete military entrance requirements.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $25,156.00 per year
Work Location: On the road