Plans, directs, coordinates, and performs a wide variety of duties in the determination, implementation, optimization, and continuous improvement of new and existing manufacturing processes. Emphasis will be upon design, fabrication, and implementation of automated and semi-automated processes. This will be a hands-on, teamwork-oriented position that will include mentoring the Automation Technicians I and II and others involved with the projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Identify and implement new automated processes into manufacturing
- Develop new processes or improve existing processes and layouts to improve process capability, yield, ergonomics, safety, reliability, and quality
- Analyze existing processes and implement modifications to reduce costs through improved manufacturability and process ability, efficiency, simplification, and standardization
- Troubleshoot product, facility, equipment, process, and quality problems and design and implement appropriate solutions
- Manage, lead, and coordinate automation projects including schedules and budgets
- Manage projects of various types including defining objectives, tasks, planning, scheduling, prioritizing, and resource allocation
- Occasionally lead and supervise employees to perform project tasks including design, fabrication, programming, and assembly
- Develop and write operation and maintenance instructions and manuals
- Train employees on proper procedures and use of equipment, tools, ergonomics, and safety
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department’s key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In this position you may be required to:
- Occasionally sit, walk, stand, bend at the neck and/or waist, squat, climb, crawl, kneel, twist at the neck and/or waist, use hands repetitively for simple and power grasping, fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level, carrying/lifting up to 75 lbs..
- Drive cars, reach trucks, order pickers, forklifts, and other equipment.
- Work around equipment and machinery.
- Exposure to excessive noise
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes or chemicals
- Working at heights
- Use of Special visual or auditory protective equipment
- Risk of exposure to bio-hazards while working such as: bloodborne pathogens, sewage, hospital waste, etc.
- Safety glasses
- Hair net
- Nitrile Gloves, Chemical Resistant Gloves, Utility gloves/cutting gloves, and Welding Gloves
- Steel-toe slip resistant shoes
- Hardhat or Bump Cap
- Hearing protection (e.g. ear plugs, earmuffs)
- Face shields
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation, or Industrial Engineering or verifiable experience and vocational training in automation applications with a minimum 10 years manufacturing engineering experience, preferably in an injection molding environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply concepts of advanced math and geometry including statistics. Must be able to analyze and make decisions based upon collected data.
- 2D or 3D drawing capability for automated equipment design on AutoCAD or SolidWorks required
- Basic knowledge and understanding of most industrial codes required (ANSI, ADA, OSHA, NEC, NFPA, IBC, ISO, DIN)
- Ability to program and troubleshoot PLC controllers, HMI units, and 6 axis robots
- Ability to set-up, program, and troubleshoot Star Automation and/or Yushin robots
- Ability to design and write electrical schematics
- Ability to design, fabricate, and wire electrical control panels
- Ability to implement and program servo and stepper motor systems
- Intermediate with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Digital photography and file manipulation of digital images experience required
- Working knowledge of pneumatic control circuits and electro-pneumatic troubleshooting, electrical control panel assembly and wiring, electrical control circuit design and troubleshooting, PLC programming and troubleshooting.
- Ability to travel to multiple facilities and suppliers in the US and possibly internationally.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting and sometime changing priorities PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient in safe operation of conventional mills and lathes for fabrication of machine components and fixtures. Must be able to maintain close machining tolerances.
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have knowledge of plastic injection machines?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What design/drawing software are you proficient with?
- What industrial codes do you have basic knowledge and understanding of?
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- Manufacturing Automation Occupations: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple locations