STATUS: Exempt (salary)
REPORTS TO: VP of Supply Chain
DATE: August 2023
LOCATION: Waco, TX
Responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the Company's materials and services, fixed assets and tooling needs, and select production materials and services. These products and services are to be secured at cost quality and delivery competitive levels consistent with Company policy and performance standards. The position is further responsible for the timely planning, scheduling of receipt, and inventory control of the products and services as assigned consistent with material planning and inventory control requirements or as appropriately concluded with a requisitioner.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services, and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; close coordination with plant engineering to ensure timely execution of product and service sourcing activities.
- Secures and analyzes quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; and recommends suppliers concerning cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Develops and implements Strategic Sourcing Plans to advance company-wide sourcing programs as appropriate.
- Studies market prices and trends, engineering developments, and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities and advises company activities with the concurrence of the Materials and Inventory Logistics Manager and/or VP of Supply Chain.
- Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics, inventory control, and management, and negotiates prices and delivery terms with guidance from the Manager of Materials and Inventory Logistics and/or Director, purchasing for assigned responsibilities.
- Coordinates the planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for the assigned products and services consistent with material planning and inventory control requirements or as arranged with requisitioners.
- Coordinates, as appropriate, quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Visits suppliers' facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in resolving production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Procurement-caused shortages, damage, root cause/corrective action
- Purchase Price, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Vendor and Internal Customer relationships
- Continuous Improvement processes/plans
- May oversee and/or mentor direct reports or assignments
- Regular cycle counts and monthly/quarterly inventory
- Project Implementation
- A/P match exceptions reconciliation ratios
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A positive attitude & pleasant personality
- Ability to proficiently and accurately work with inventory systems and tools; MS Office, Procure-2-Pay a plus
- Experience with warehouse and materials flow in fast-paced, highly customize OEM factory
- Experience in management of in-bound freight department preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to follow directions & a strong willingness to learn
- Above average concentration/intensity/memory/decision-making, taking into consideration the amount of responsibility and product value
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and execute contracts or agreements
- Strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS: This job operates in an office environment and within a production/warehouse. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets, and fax machines. May occasionally have the following physical requirements:
- Lifting – approximately 55% during the shift
- 25 pounds constantly
- 50 pounds occasionally
- Standing or walking – up to 80%
- Pushing and pulling – up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Bending or climbing – up to 15%
- Crouching – up to 15%
- Kneeling – up to 50%
- Above average coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot, and balance
- Above average endurance
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers with average repetition
- Sight with the ability to distinguish color
- Perception of sound is required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waco, TX: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Sourcing & Procurement Occupations: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person
Alcom USA is proud of its diverse workforce and welcomes employees who speak one or more languages. As a necessity to safely and efficiently perform business operations, employees must be proficient in speaking and understanding English. Alcom will assess the level of fluency required on a job by job basis. Employees must be able to speak and understand English for job related communications and are otherwise welcome to speak their native or other language in the workplace.