American Insulated Glass is a leading glass fabricator and wholesale distributor, specializing in providing high-quality insulated, laminated, tempered, fire-rated, and beveled glass products to glazing contractors and window manufacturers. Dedicated to serving both commercial and residential end markets, AIG also distributes a full line of float glass, mirror, and decoration glass solutions.
We are seeking a hard-working, reliable, and punctual CDL Class A or B Truck Driver to join our growing operation. We need someone who is ambitious and hardworking and does not mind working in various weather conditions. This is a high touch position which requires the driver to assist with loading and unloading.
* MUST HAVE CDL CLASS A OR B TO BE CONSIDERED AND BE OKAY WITH HIGH TOUCH FREIGHT POSITION. WILL BE MANUALLY UNLOADING TRUCKS FOR CUSTOMERS BY HAND (No Forklift will be used) *
Key responsibilities & duties:
- Plans and completes an efficient delivery and pick-up route for the day.
- Loads delivery vehicle with glass scheduled for delivery.
- Delivers glass to correct addresses, obtaining signatures and proof of receipt when necessary.
- Picks up glass along the scheduled route, including items to be returned, company orders, and other items as requested.
- Maintains basic records of truck mileage and deliveries made.
- Ensures that delivery vehicle receives basic service according to maintenance schedule; reports larger service needs and mechanical issues to supervisor.
- Assists in general warehouse duties when the delivery route is completed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Require Skills/ Abilities:
- Ability to drive safely
- Ability to use navigation tools such as onboard GPS, smartphone apps, and/or web-based or physical maps.
- Ability to plan delivery routes.
- Ability to maintain basic logs and records.
- Ability to carry out a series of instructions
- Able to remain professional and courteous at all times.
Education & Experience:
- Class A or B ONLY
- Must be able to pass a 7 yr MVR
- Ability to pass background & drug screen
- Must be able to lift 75 to 100 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work in a noisy environment.
- Must be able to work in hot or cold temperatures.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, stand, sit, lift, push, and pull repetitively and/or throughout the duration of the shift.
- Steel toe boots required (not company provided).
American Insulated Glass is an equal opportunity employer and utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. We are also a drug-free workplace; all new employees are required to pass a drug test.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Trucking home time:
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Work Location: In person