Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes ERP/WMS systems (Epicor/Empower) to retrieve and store data.
- Collects and reports KPIs to Leadership as required.
- Interface with Engineering as required to troubleshoot bill of material inaccuracies.
- Maintain clean, safe work environment.
- Provide support to Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality through participation in process control activities as required.
- Ensures that the correct inventory transactions are performed in ERP.
- Ensures that the inventory counts in the Production cells are accurate.
- Assist with material storage bin consolidation and optimization.
- Facilities cross-team communication and attends meetings and discussions.
- Delivers materials from Warehouse staging to point of use on the Production floor.
- Prepares materials for use – detects defects and de-trashes.
- Work with Production to optimize lot sizes to reduce WIP and POU inventory.
- Participates in 6S and process improvement and presents improvement ideas.
- Assists in the investigation and reconciliation of cycle count and bin audit discrepancies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent – Associates or trade school equivalent is a plus.
- 2-4 years combined experience in a Warehouse and Production environment.
- Experience in Microsoft Office and ERP – Epicor is a plus.
- Strong teamwork, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage changing and multiple priorities.
- Ability and willingness to become forklift certified.
- Knowledge of Lean principles, Six Sigma, and the Toyota Method.
- Ability to perform under shifting priorities.
- Ability to comprehend drawings and complex written instructions.
Approximately 90% of the work is performed in the Warehouse and Production areas. The remaining time will be spent in an office environment.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to detect small visual defects in various lighting conditions.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Columbia Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Columbia Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.