Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ Job Description
Warranty / File Administrator
The File Administrator expected to:
- Process factory warranty claims accurately, timely and completely to achieve maximum financial organization and service efficiencies for the Dealership(s).
- Seek ways to improve business operation efficiencies and customer service.
- Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful.
Reports to: Service Manager
Wage: $25.00 - $30.00+ (wage based experience and performance)
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ensure Maximum Production and Customer Service.
- Assure all warranty regulations are met as set forth by the manufacturer(s) and service contract companies through verification of coverage, ownership, and service history.
- Communicate with the manufacturer(s) to ensure claims are matched, accurate, and paid within appropriate time limits.
- Manage accounting discrepancies to ensure entities are accurate.
- Achieve customer service satisfaction standards for repeat business and referrals.
- Reconcile dealership accounting schedules to ensure accuracy.
- Follow policies and procedures as per your specific manufacturer(s) manual.
- Complete and maintain all Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ required training.
- Maintain employee, customer, and vendor confidence while protecting operations by exercising discretion when handling sensitive confidential information.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times and adhere to all OSHA/EPA requirements.
- Maintain ability to handle job stress and effective interaction with others in the workplace.
- Perform all other job duties as requested by management.
2. Operate with Integrity.
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
- Maintain composure within the workplace as well as outside the workplace when interacting or representing the Larry H. Miller Dealerships.
- Set an example of outstanding attendance, positive attitude, and professionalism, including an orderly and safe work environment.
- Work performed in a dealership setting due to the necessity to work in person with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, reach, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls and move about facilities.
- Required vision includes close, vision, distance, peripheral, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to lift up to a minimum of 25lbs.
- Exposure to shop environments such as noise, dust, odors and fumes, chemicals, and adhesives.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions precedent at that time.
- Required to operate equipment and move vehicles in a safe manner at all times.
- Maintain regular attendance and timeliness as set forth within the work schedule designated by the department supervisor/manager.
1. Education, Experience, and Certification(s)/Training.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- 2+ years of bookkeeping/office experience.
- Proficient knowledge of appropriate warranty policies and procedures.
- 3+ years of experience in an auto repair facility.
- Communication- Basic ability to read and write, ability to effectively convey information to others, apply active listening by taking the time to understand the points being made by employees and customers, being aware of others’ reactions, and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Information Ordering- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Resolving conflicts and negotiating with others- The ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, resolve grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Interacting with Computers- Using computers and computer systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required.
- Knowledge of Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ current company management systems is desirable.
- Clerical- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, file and record management, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Selective Attention- Concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Interpersonal Skills- Maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
Management of Personnel Resources- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Leadership- Ethical leadership and followership behaviors that promote Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ standards and result in a cohesive and effective team.
Compliance- Understanding of and adherence to all Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ standards, state and federal laws and regulations as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies, or business partners.
Customer Service- Providing excellent customer service through the defined Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ processes which promote efficiencies, fairness, and cost-effectiveness.
Ethics/Integrity- Representing the Larry H. Miller Dealerships by conducting yourself in a professional and courteous manner that demonstrates integrity and avoids actual or perceived conflicts of interest while complying with company standards and business ethics.
Oral Communication- Clearly identifying and professionally expressing issues in positive or negative situations.
Planning/Organizing- Prioritizing and planning work activities and using time effectively.
Quality- Demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness and monitoring your work to ensure quality.
Dependability- Consistent, punctual attendance at work; following instructions; responding to management direction and soliciting feedback to improve performance.
Time Management- The ability to integrate methods of time management to provide a consistent and effective workflow that is cohesive for the department and team.
Safety and Security- Observing safety and security procedures and using equipment and materials properly.
Company management reserves the right to add to, change or retract portions of this job description. Employee is required to adhere to the qualifications, duties, and conditions of any revised job description.