We’re currently looking for an experienced PROJECT MANAGER who can make an immediate impact to our Team!
WHO WE ARE
Achen-Gardner Construction, LLC (AGC) is all about owning what we do. From our founding in 1989, we are recognized around the Valley as a prominent contractor who provides quality infrastructure management and construction services to our public and private clients including underground utilities, pipeline rehabilitation, UV CIPP rehabilitation, water and wastewater facilities, street improvements, grading, paving concrete flatwork and structures.
Upon merging with Emery Sapp & Sons in 2019, Achen-Gardner Construction become
100% employee-owned, giving each employee-owner an enhanced sense of pride and commitment towards their specific contribution to the services we provide.
HOW WE OWN IT
At AGC, being 100% employee-owned means everyone who works at AGC is a part-owner of the company, which is integral to our values, culture and the way we serve our clients.
Additionally, AGC employee-owners get to be part of the incredible growth now shared with
Emery Sapp & Sons that directly impacts the overall value of our Employee Stock
Ownership Plan (ESOP). A great benefit to all team members!
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (This position is considered a safety sensitive position)
General duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Project Manager will contribute to the overall success of Achen-Gardner
Construction (AGC) throughout the planning, budgeting, construction, and post- construction project phases of multiple projects. The Project Manager will ensure that all goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within Achen-Gardner’s safety guidelines, as well as all designated quality, schedule, and budget requirements. A successful Project Manager will provide leadership to the project team and work with all other interested parties to ensure ultimate customer satisfaction.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Manage risk in relation to job site safety, owner contractual terms, city and/or county specifications, and other contractors that could be working onsite.
- Create, update, and distribute the project schedule to ensure project milestones are met. Maintain current two-week schedules to help coordinate crews and inform management of the following week’s expectations and needs at the weekly scheduling meeting.
- Work with suppliers and field supervision to coordinate material needs and document the delivery and acceptance of the material. Ensure that materials meet specifications and that packing slips match the quantity delivered.
- Be knowledgeable of State, Regional, and local regulations and permit requirements and acquire all necessary regulatory approval for AGC’s work and or contract requirements.
- Work with the estimator to organize a pre-construction meeting with key supervisors in operations to assist in the productive progress of a project.
- Attend, and coordinate if needed, a weekly meeting with the owner or owner’s representative to communicate an updated schedule for construction activities and when substantial completion can be expected. Document any punch-list items of work that the owner requires and schedule completion as soon as possible.
- Facilitate and manage all project controls documentation and procedures. Maintain current budgets; notify branch manager of any budget impacts. Facilitate change orders and closeout documentation with clients.
- Communicate and coordinate with local municipal inspectors, consulting firms, engineering firms, owner representatives, and local utilities regarding AGC's scheduled construction activities.
- Schedule subcontractors when needed and communicate with them at least two weeks in advance to avoid delays in operations. Coordinate with other contractors working on the same site even if not under AGC scope or contract.
- Coordinate AGC resources with other project managers, the general superintendent, the project engineer, and the general manager.
- Document all project impacts in relation to the project schedule, budget, and plans. Communicate these impacts to the Manager and the owner or owner’s representative.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Must clear E-Verify verification (per AZ State Mandate)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Three years of experience in Civil Construction, both in DOT and private/commercial markets
- Experience and proficiency in managing construction projects that include earthwork, utilities, concrete paving, and underground wet utilities.
- Five to seven years of experience in Civil Construction, both in
DOT and private/commercial markets
- Registration as a Professional Engineer
- Proficient in Critical Path Scheduling (MS Project or P6)
- Proficient in Maintaining Accurate Costs to Complete
- Experience working in multiple regulatory jurisdictions.
- Possession of OSHA 10 Certification and knowledge of all OSHA safety requirements on projects under contract
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- This job also requires frequent visits to the project location(s) in all areas as required in our geographical work area. Onsite, the employee will work primarily outdoors,
exposed to inclement weather, and in the proximity of biological, chemical, electrical, and mechanical hazards.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Occasionally, the employee may be required to crouch and work in awkward positions to install and deploy technology solutions. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and carry heavy objects up to 30 pounds and the team must lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds. Rarely, the employee may need to lift and carry objects in excess of 30 pounds.
- This is a full-time position that will typically involve 50+ hours a week. Due to the nature of the job, the employee must be available on-call early/late hours to deal with delays, bad weather, and emergencies at the job site.
- The employee may travel extensively when the project location is not close to the main office or when responsible for activities at two or more sites.
- Indirectly supervises all employees and subcontractors involved in each project.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE!
Beyond competitive compensation, AGC offers its employee-owners a variety of additional perks and bonus opportunities:
- Industry-leading Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) & Financial Health Education
- Comprehensive Health Benefits & Insurance with Wellness Incentive
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Business Casual Office Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Referral Bonus Program
- Continuing Education & Training Opportunities
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Leadership & Training Programs
- Growth Opportunities
Achen-Gardner Construction, LLC is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply online at www.achen.com/careers , fax resume to 480-403-9425
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Weekly pay
- Yearly bonus
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Civil Construction: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person