We seek a highly responsible Air Traffic Controller to provide air traffic control services at our Leesburg, VA location. Work involves the responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating the air traffic control system for the airport and surrounding airspace in accordance with FAA regulations. The work is performed with a high degree of independence under the overall supervision of the Air Traffic Manager.
Air Traffic Controllers (ATCs) control air traffic on and within the vicinity of the airport according to established procedures and policies to prevent collisions and minimize delays arising from traffic congestion. The incumbent is responsible for the safe, orderly and expeditious movement of air traffic through the nation's airspace. ATC duties include:
· Answering radio calls from arriving and departing aircraft.
· Issuing landing/takeoff instructions.
· Issuing information such as runway to use, wind velocity and direction, visibility, taxiing instructions, and pertinent data on other aircraft operating in vicinity.
· Issuing air traffic clearances.
· Providing advice based on their own observations and information from the National Weather Service, IFR control facilities, flight service stations, pilots, and other sources.
· Taking and disseminating weather observations at Limited Aviation Weather Reporting Station (LAWRS).
· Transferring control of aircraft to receiving facilities when aircraft leave their airspace, and receiving control of aircraft coming into their airspace.
· Operating various types of equipment such as: radios, telephones, interphones, computer systems, radar, recording systems, weather equipment, light guns, airport/runway lighting systems, and backup equipment.
· Alerting airport emergency crews and other designated personnel when aircraft are having flight difficulties.
· Coordinating with and issuing instructions to airport vehicles and personnel.
· Maintaining and disseminating records of daily operations
· Conduct OJT-Instruction, as required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- FAA-Issued Control Tower Operator Certificate (CTO) (Required)
Work Location: In person