Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
In this role the Paralegal Analyst - Contracts & Commercial Transactions will be responsible for managing fast-paced projects within a large-scale program. The ideal candidate must be able to work across multiple interdisciplinary functions and collaborate with attorneys and business teams to achieve company objectives. The ideal candidate will have a background in mergers & acquisitions, contracts, or commercial transactions. The objective of this role is to be able to support the Commercial Transactions and M&A team with a high volume of objectives and deliverables while being able to appropriately manage projects’ status.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $34.75 per hour
Work Location: Naperville, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which requires work in-office at least 2 days per month.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Communicates and informs leadership of issues, status, and results of assigned tasks.
- Identifies project issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate.
- Leverages legal knowledge and business acumen to support the company in achieving its objectives.
- Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
- Assists in one or more areas of the legal team: litigation, commercial matters, mergers and acquisitions, employment law, contracts, regulatory matters, subpoena/ records request processing, legal intake and matter management, as assigned by the direct leader.
- Assists in evaluation of feasibility, effectiveness and efficiency of projects and initiatives.
- Prepares and updates project plans and proposes milestones and deadlines for new and ongoing initiatives.
- Prepares status reports to update leadership on ongoing projects.
- Assists in analyzing current company procedures and in identifying best practices.
- Interacts with various internal and external parties involved in the legal process.
- Assists with preparation and analysis of data to identify exposures and risks. Support strategies for reducing costs and transferring risk.
- Tracks and ensures that all deadlines are met in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, timely and within ALDI administrative policy and procedures.
- Provides proactive analysis of current projects and analytical review of reported results.
- Maintains professional skills through research, continuing education and training.
- Reviews files to determine accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consistently demonstrates the Mindsets, ALDI Acts Competencies and Professional Skills (M.A.P.) as outlined for the role.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to analyze and present complex data.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Understands contracts, corporate resolutions, and other similar corporate items.
- Knowledge of retail industry standards and practices.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment.
- Ability to use sound judgment to address complex issues while maintaining an appropriate balance between legal and business requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies or a related field required.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in legal services, mergers & acquisitions, or a related field required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Paralegal Studies and Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Work may be performed in an office, remote office or a combination of both where a computer and office equipment may be used as needed to perform duties.
- Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
- Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
- Minimal travel required as needed for job related duties such as training, project work and administrative tasks.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.