- High school or equivalent diploma
- 1+ years of experience in the following: security service, asset protection, audit, investigations, law enforcement, military, risk management, inventory control, quality assurance or bachelor’s degree in a related field or 2+ years Amazon Experience and/or LPQ Career Choice Graduate
- Experience with MS Office Professional Suite, including Excel
- Workplace Violence and/or Business Continuity experience
- Analytical experience in performance based, action and results oriented setting
The Loss Prevention Specialist (LPS) is a key hourly associate position within Amazon Operations. The LPS leads the effort to efficiently and effectively oversee security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, inventory, data, & intellectual property) protection in a designated building. The LPS typically reports to the Loss Prevention Site Lead responsible for their facility, and aids them in supporting the Operational team, and the cross functional teams throughout the organization. This position is site based.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead, conduct, and deliver results regarding investigations of Theft, Fraud, and Workplace Violence/Critical Incidents
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to Workplace Violence, Theft, Fraud, Critical Incidents, and Process Improvement
- Deliver results through policy Guidance, Education, and Mitigation strategies to help meet business demands
- Serve as department’s liaison and security/crisis management subject matter expert for site leadership keeping them informed on key issues, strategies and the department’s performance
- Analyze data, conducts audits and identify trends to create actionable plans to mitigate risk
- Maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues in the work place
- Effectively partner with internal customers in evaluating current and future security services, processes and initiatives
- Develop strategies for alarm reduction and conduct system diagnostic for problematic devices by engaging and resolving issues with internal and external partners
- Accurately communicate verbally and in written form to a broad customer base
- Train and orient new Associates in LP culture
- Develop projects while continuously improving physical security, processes, standards, training, and policies for future growth
- Ensure internal controls per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements related to data center access controls, inventory control and record keeping
- Promote and execute security best practices
- Audit physical security infrastructure (i.e. intrusion detection, access control, cameras) and ensuring functionally of all systems
- Work weekends and/or overnight shifts as necessary
- Work in an industrial environment that requires walking up to 5 miles a day and ability to lift up to 20 lbs, with or without reasonable accommodation
A day in the life
As a member of the AMER Region Loss Prevention Team, you will be responsible for leading the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset protection to protect People, Product and Data within your site (or Region). You will execute this through daily partnerships with critical site, and regional, leaders across Operations, Workplace Health & Safety (WHS), PxT, Employee Relations, RME and more. You will be an expert across multiple operational disciplines in order to drive efficiency and loss reduction efforts. Amazon's LP and shrink reduction efforts are supported by the Global Security Operations (GSO) team through the creation of an overall global strategy designed to optimize resources and leverage technology to mitigate product loss and maintain customer satisfaction. The Loss Prevention Team often collaborates with external partners, including law enforcement agencies, private investigators, and security vendors, to enhance security measures and investigate incidents. The composition and structure of a Loss Prevention Team can vary depending on the size and industry of the organization. However, their collective efforts are essential for protecting company assets, reducing losses, and maintaining a secure business environment.
About the team
Global Security Operations (GSO) is the global organization that supports field Loss Prevention and is designed to support Amazon’s Worldwide Operations, as well as affiliate and retail businesses, by creating and maintaining a work environment that is both prepared and secure through global security centers of excellence staffed by subject matter experts in people and asset protection. We accomplish this by creating policy and implementation guidelines; training leadership and staff; using technology to eliminate subjectivity, complexity, and variation; identifying, preparing for, and mitigating risk; and auditing our practices to ensure compliance.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Fresno, TX, USA
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with off-site supervision
- Demonstrated ability to engage with others at all levels
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment
- 1+ year of leadership or management experience
- Professional credentials in Loss Prevention, such as, Wicklander and Zulawski certification
- Experience with warehouse or distribution center services
- Experience conducting internal or external interviews
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts desired and certification
- Strong familiarity with data bases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception-Based Reporting, etc.
- Awareness and implementation of best practices related to the utilization of physical security systems, investigation techniques, effective oversight of contract security officers, and distribution center loss mitigation techniques
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.