POSITION TITLE: Bakery Sales Clerk DEPARTMENT: Retail
LOCATION: Varies REPORTS TO: Store Manager
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BAKERY SALES CLERK
As a Bakery Sales Clerk, no one day is ever the same at Albertsons Safeway. This position allows you the opportunity to exhibit your excellent customer service skills while interacting with our valued shoppers. To be successful in this position you must be someone who cares about our products by displaying, wrapping and rotating the delicious and tasty breads, pastries, and cakes made by our Bakers. If this sounds like you, we invite you join our team and create a lasting impression and positive experience for the customers we serve.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS**
- Provide high-quality customer service in accordance with our Company’s customer service standards and policies and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of bakery area of the store. Includes cleaning display cases, work surfaces, and preparing and straightening up bakery display areas.
- Maintain area and conduct business in accordance with all federal, state and local food safety and employee safety regulations and guidelines and company policy.
- Inform customers about bakery products and services, provide samples, and promote sales within department.
- Take bakery orders over telephone or in person.
- Operate electronic cash register, receive final payment from customer (cash or credit/debit card) and accurately make proper change.
- Replace stock in bakery area as needed.
- Move trays of bakery goods from preparation area to display area.
- Monitor bakery area to locate expired or nearly expired bakery goods for markdown or throwaway.
- Use various sales reports to identify sales opportunities. Uses intercom to communicate sale items.
- Use price labeling machine and place price sticker on packaged item.
- Adhere to uniform and grooming policy as defined within company policy.
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential job functions of this position:**
Ability to operate bread slicer and other required equipment to prepare goods for sale
- Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to understand and follow instructions, and ability to read, retain and comprehend product labels and price tags, guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the position
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as within a large team
- Self-motivated and driven to increase knowledge of Albertsons Safeway products and share that knowledge with our customers
- Ability to provide regular and predictable attendance. (Employees may be scheduled to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, and schedules may vary on a weekly basis)
- Ability to comply with workplace conduct standards
The following attempts to communicate the traditional physical demands associated with this position:**
Seldom: 1-2 hours , Occasional: 3-4 hours , Frequent: 5-6 hours , Continuous: 7+ hours (Based on an 8 hour work day.)
- Squat/Kneel: Seldom
- Bend/Stoop: Occasional
- Lift/Carry: Frequent 1-10 lbs ./Carry, Occasional 11-35 lbs.
- Push/Pull: Seldom, 1-20 lbs.
- Twist/Turn: Occasional
- Grip/Grasp: Continuous
- Reach: Frequent, 1-30 lb s., Seldom, 1-20 lbs .
- Stand/Walk: Continuous
Job duties and responsibilities may vary by location and employees may be assigned duties and responsibilities in addition to those listed above.
** The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
ALBERTSONS SAFEWAY AND WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US
Albertsons Safeway has always been a people-oriented business, and thoughtful people practices remain a core element of our company’s philosophy. As friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy offering customers an exceptional shopping experience, we provide world-class customer service each and every day.
We provide a variety of benefits including:
- Great pay
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunities for career development
- Health and welfare benefits for eligible employees
- Leisure time activity discounts
ALBERTSONS SAFEWAY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.20 - $21.11 per hour
Expected hours: 24 – 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Altos, CA 94024: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person