SUMMARY: Primarily responsible to work in Quality Control mixing syrup batches accurately and at an efficient rate as determined by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Employee will maintain syrup / concentrate inventory including daily inventory and records, pre / post batching inventories of all parts used in each batch, ordering / purchasing of concentrate and sweetener, and rotation of concentrate.
- Syrup Room Equipment Preparation – Sanitizing of mixing equipment and record keeping including the testing of sanitation chemical strengths and / or carryover; Line hookups, tank isolations, meter settings and records of these steps.
- Syrup Batching – Following of batching steps to adding of ingredients to mix tanks and concentrate adding, either by use of pumps or hand dumping.
- Filler Assistance – assisting filler operator with beginning and end of runs as needed.
- Syrup Room Cleanliness – responsible for keeping concentrate and mix rooms clean and sanitary as per Master Sanitation Schedule; responsible for the removing of generated waste as per company policy.
- Operate industrial power equipment for lifting and moving concentrate.
- Manually lift and move concentrate to restock and batch ensuring date code accuracy and proper rotation of product.
- Adhere to good manufacturing and food safety standards.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned or requested.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above duties reflect on those items considered necessary to describe the job’s principle functions and should not be construed as detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent to the job. Because of the high cost of concentrate, quality control syrup mixers are required to meticulously follow prescribed steps in the total batch process. Records must be precise and any discrepancies reported immediately. The performance of the syrup mixer directly affects the performance of the production operation and therefore requires an individual committed to excellence who also possesses a great sense of responsibility and judgment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
COMPETENCIES: Demonstrated attention to detail; ability to operate a manual / powered pallet jack or lift.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required. One (1) year general work experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret reports and work instruction. Ability to respond to common inquires.
- Mathematical Skills: High degree of ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. This position requires the use of good math skills to make several calculations per minute.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions supplied in both written and verbal format. Close attention to detail required to verify product concentrate numbers and date codes.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Certified Forklift License for lift operation.
- Other Skills and Abilities: None
- Other Qualifications: None
TRAVEL REQUIRED: None.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
The employee must routinely lift / carry items weighing from 10 to 60 pounds and occasionally push, pull, maneuver and/or move concentrate drums weighing from 130 to 260 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Repetitive use of the hands/arms/shoulders required in completing required work.
Climb a ladder while carrying weights up to 60 pounds up to 10 times per hour.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (typical production work environment).
The floors of the production area are smooth, however are often wet and slippery. Safety shoes are required for this position.
Moderate stress may be created by the fast pace of the production operations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person