As much as we worship the almighty tortilla, we obsess over surrounding ourselves with wonderful energy, culture, and team members. Joining our crew means you’ll play a key role in bringing the spirit of Pink Taco and our menu to life for our fans. We are a company that is focused on growing both our brand and our team members. We want people who love to bring joy to others through great service and delicious tacos. And in return, we strive to create a great work environment. We will work hard but love our jobs. Plus, we’ll have a hell of a lot of fun doing it too.
Pay Rate: $10 per hour, Plus Tips opportunity!
The Food Server is responsible for welcoming guests, accurately taking all food and beverage orders, and making sure they are delivered in a timely manner to the guest's satisfaction. Pink Taco is looking for a FUN, FAIR, HONEST, HARDWORKING, UNPRETENTIOUS AND UNCOMPLICATED individual with a passion for creating an outstanding guest experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide guests with accurate and thorough information regarding menu items, pricing, and allergen information
- Recognize and cultivate regular guests and repeat business
- Take and enter orders into POS system promptly and accurately
- Ensure all the food and drinks are served immediately and according to specifications
Ensure that all the necessary stock is being replenished during the shift
- Move furniture as directed by management, including but not limited to: tables, chairs, bar stools, banquettes, bar tables, boxes, and equipment
- Respond to guest concerns/complaints and correct errors or resolve complaints while maintaining a positive attitude escalating to management when necessary
- Comply with all safety and health department procedures and all state and federal liquor laws
- Maintain company safety and sanitation standards
- Prepare guest checks through POS terminal functions. Process guest payments by cash, credit card, venue comps and all other tender types
- Collect required signatures from guest and promptly close guest checks
- Ensure accurate accounting of all monies and independent banking procedures
Sign all cash out slips legibly
- Ensure complete and proper check out procedures
- Clean all spills immediately and place all trash in proper receptacles
- Inform management of any complaint, comments or incident
- Ensure nightly/weekly and opening/running/closing duties are completed
- Record and report any equipment failure and/or safety hazards to management immediately
- Assists and/ or completes additional tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- High School Diploma preferred
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Valid Driver’s License
- 21+ years of age
- Possession of or the ability to possess all state required work cards
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience
- Experience with POS systems
- Familiarity with beer and spirits
- Proper lifting techniques
- Guest relations
- Sanitation and safety
- Safe alcohol service
- Full service restaurant operations
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff, clients, and the public
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Hourly + Tips
- Benefits eligible for FT Employees
- Company Discounts
- Fun Work Culture
The working conditions described below are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Work indoors and/or outdoors, exposed to hot and/or cold surfaces, steam, and wet floors
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds and smoke, the severity of which depends upon guest volume
- Fast paced, high volume, full service restaurant
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to walk long periods of time
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Ability to repeat the same movements for long periods of time
- Ability to understand the speech of another person
- Ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Ability to push and lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
This job description is a summary of duties, which you as a Food Server are expected to perform in your normal course of work. It is by no means an all-inclusive list but is merely a broad guide of expected duties. You should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time with or without notice.