Telamon is an eleven-state, non-profit corporation headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina serving communities for 55 years. Telamon's mission is to provide educational services that lead to better jobs, better lives, and better communities. Telamon provides programs and services in three areas, Early Childhood and Family Support, Workforce Career Services, and Housing & Financial Empowerment.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide the highest level of quality and support for preparation, implementation and control of program budgeting process. Responsible for ensuring compliance with approved budgets and alignment with agency mission and program goals. Provide integral information for the team to assess the feasibility of planned strategies, including professional development, materials and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Gathers data and prepares preliminary budgets including forecasts of expenditures and revenue.
2. Analyzes, evaluates and processes budget proposals from various programs.
3. Makes recommendations on budget allocations. Works with corporate office to maintain current
allocations and chart of accounts.
4. Prepares and conducts budget presentations.
5. Consults with management staff on budget and budget narrative preparation, including modifications.
6. Compares actual to budgeted results at the end of each reporting period and reports on significant variances.
7. Updates the budget model as requested to account for significant changes in the funding environment.
8. Prepares reports. Coordinates with corporate staff to support completion of reports to funding source.
9. Monitors grant funding to ensure program compliance. Stay current on funding source regulations and grant requirements.
10. Reviews and analyzes monthly financial and statistical reports to assess the budget status of center/offices and overall programs. Develops, allocates and manages resources to maximize program effectiveness.
11. Processes or reviews invoices. Prepares purchase orders.
12. Coordinates with staff when solicitation and review of bids are required. Ensure compliance with agency
and funding source procurement requirements.
13. Facilitates and engages in professional development activities to increase qualifications in accordance with Corporation's Core Values.
14. Ensures the mobilization and documentation of matching/in-kind funds, where applicable.
15. Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This position has no direct supervisory to others but is expected to train or explain work procedures to others, promotes an environment of teamwork and cooperation and be is accessible to employees.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- An Associate's Degree in Accounting or Finance (or a related field) is required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance (or a related field) is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with an Associate's Degree.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with a Bachelor's Degree.
Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office products and on-line budget and client management systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel or similar software.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to use math to solve problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting.
- Subject to long periods of sitting and exposure to computer screen.
- Driving/sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Keyboarding and data entry, use of telephone.
- All employees are subject to both a pre-hire and an annual background check. Specific rules by Line of Business will indicate whether a state or federal fingerprint background check (or both) is required and the frequency. A fingerprint background check may suffice for a regular background check. Additional background checks may be required such as the Child Abuse and Neglect State Registry, and the Sex Offender Registry.
Positions that Require Driving
- Telamon Corporation/Transition Resources employees that are required to drive a personal vehicle for work-related duties are to meet the auto insurance liability requirement. The minimum limits required are $100,000 each person bodily injury, $300,000 each accident bodily injury and $50,000 property damage.
The insurance liability requirement covers use of an employee's personal vehicle.
- Telamon Corporation/Transition Resources employees that drive a company-owned/rental vehicle must maintain a satisfactory annual motor vehicle record check.
- Must have own transportation, a valid driver's license, and vehicle insurance.