At Cisco, we securely connect everything to make anything possible for our customers, whether it's building secure, agile networks to support hybrid work, or developing brand new workplace experiences that accelerate sustainability and health. Our industry-leading networking platforms and rich portfolio of access, security, and IoT products are changing the way CIOs build, secure, and optimize connected experiences.
To help us accelerate this mission and connect with customers in more meaningful ways, Cisco Marketing is seeking a Group Product Marketing Manager to support our Cisco Meraki Internet of Things (IoT) and smart spaces portfolio.
As a leader on this Cisco Product Marketing team, you will help shape marketing strategy, define programs and execution across product lines, and build a best-in-class product marketing team!
- Develop domain expertise across the Cisco IoT and workspaces portfolios – from devices and standards to management platforms and our rich ecosystem of partners – with the goal of helping our customers build new wireless experiences
- Collaborate across IoT and other Cisco Product and Solutions Marketing teams to develop a comprehensive IoT messaging strategy
- Lead positioning and messaging initiatives to extend Cisco's leadership in the market
- Guide strategic planning and focused execution plans to fuel the organization's growth
- Serve as a trusted technical and marketing leader, contributor, and author while working with the wider marketing team on go-to-market and demand generation activities
- Speak on behalf of Cisco to customers, at events, and with the analyst community
- Build a diverse, collaborative, and high performing team of wireless product marketers
- Mentor, actively coach and collaborate with other Cisco product marketers
- You have 6+ years of experience in cloud managed networking IoT solutions, gained through Product Marketing, Product Management, Technical Marketing, or Sales
- You have 3+ years of management experience leading product or vertical marketing professionals with a track record for program execution, individual development, and team impact
- You have experience articulating the value / benefits of advanced technical concepts such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Computer Vision, and IoT, in the context of solving customer experience or business challenges
- You have an outstanding ability to explain value and benefits derived from technical concepts to all types of audiences
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree or MBA preferred
- Experience working in the IT, SaaS, IoT, or mobility industry a plus
- You are willing to travel as needed, up to 25% envisioned
At Cisco Meraki, we're challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We're building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.