6AM - 6PM (2 shifts, each 8 hours per day, part-time available)
- Provide the first line of access control for secure areas on Government facility.
- Validate visitor credentials and access level.
- Coordinate with Government customers for visitors.
- Monitor area for suspicious activity or packages and properly notifying customer / local authority as required; including power failures; SMS issues; locks not working; doors not closing properly; etc.
- Always remain at their station and be prepared to have the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, climb at least five (5) flights of stairs and can lift at least fifty-six (56) pounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all visitors show a valid photo identification (ID) prior to being issued a LOCAL visitor badge.
- Must clear all personnel requesting access to the compound, without the proper badge, through local staff prior to allowing access. without the proper badge gets cleared by LOCAL staff prior to allowing access.
- Ensure all visitors complete the visitor control logbook in detail and are checked in/out in the LOCAL visitor database prior to accessing the LOCAL compound. Transfer the data recorded in the visitor control logbook to an online logbook each day.
- Manage visitor control continuously at LOCAL visitor control center in accordance with applicable access and visitor control guidelines and instructions.
- Manage issue and de-issue visitor badges, provide customer service and answer phones continuously from 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.
- Verify the classification of the visit (classified/unclassified) in the visitor database and issue appropriate color-coded visitor badge to each visitor. Contact the visitor's Government sponsor (Government Marine/Civilian) to add visitor into the visitor database if the visitor is not located in the visitor database.
- Operate and monitor the Electronic Security System components at Location and other activities associated with maintaining heightened security posture.
- Operate and monitor Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and other activities associated with maintaining heightened security posture.
- Report any issue with the equipment, entrances, gates, etc to the customer so a work order can be submitted; conduct follow-up on repair.
- Physical closure of side gate if it fails to close on command.
- Receive packages.
- Open and close specific gates when requested.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $21.00 - $27.91 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person