Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
As the largest retail healthcare provider in the nation, and an industry leading Fortune 6 company, MinuteClinic offers the unique opportunity to deliver high-quality 1 to 1 patient care with exceptional support and collaboration.
Our Patient Care Aides Enjoy:
- Great patient workloads – 1 on 1 patient ratio
- On Demand Mobile Pay app
- Work-life balance
- Flexibility with scheduling
- Comprehensive benefits
- Exceptional tools, training, and resources
- Educational advancement opportunities (earn a degree for free with partner schools)
- Work with a diverse 18 mo. and older patient demographic
We may have full-time and/or part-time positions available working up to 40 hours per week. Please inquire with the recruiter.
The Patient Care Aide will float to nearby clinic locations to support Providers at their primary (home) and surrounding clinics.
- Room patients including taking vital signs and documenting demographics, insurance, medical history, medications, allergies, point of care test results, and vaccines in the electronic medical record system (EPIC)
- Perform point of care testing for strep, flu, COVID, urine pregnancy and any other tests depending on MinuteClinic scope of practice
- Assist with managing patients in the waiting space and level set wait time expectations
- Assist with patient registration and answer questions regarding MinuteClinic services
- Act as a chaperone if a patient or provider in the primary exam room requests one
- Work in an enhanced capacity to drive significant clinical and operational efficiencies at the practice level
- Work under the supervision of a MinuteClinic Nurse Practitioner or Physician Associate performing additional medical services.
- Provide clinical patient care within state regulations.
- Maintain clinic rooms and waiting area so they are clean, uncluttered, and ready for patient care
- Perform administrative tasks such as inventory management, patient call backs, equipment cleaning, document management and compliance tasks, etc.
- Complete a MinuteClinic certification process for vaccine administration in states allowed based on MinuteClinic scope of practice.
Required Qualifications :
- Recent previous health care experience OR recent completion of a program such as:
o CNA, MA, EMT, PCT, Pharmacy Technician, Nursing Student who has completed fundamentals with clinical component, military medic program, medical student
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent customer service skills with a desire to provide compassionate high-quality patient care
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrates initiative, problem solving ability, adaptability, and flexibility
- Ability to take and pass a FIT test with the respirators that MinuteClinic provides, and to wear the provided respirator mask when protocol requires.
- Must have a Basic Life Support certification from the American Red Cross or designated and approved provider
- *This role may not fulfill recertification requirements for certain designations
Preferred Qualifications :
PCA has a High School Diploma or General Equivalent Development (GED)
The typical pay range for this role is:
$17.00 - $32.10
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health colleagues can initiate a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through myHR (1-888-694-7287, or through myLeave at myHR). If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.