This is NOT a work from home position. This Role requires to work from existing CVS HealthHUB Location. Location can be one closest to you.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about helping patients close healthcare gaps. The ideal candidate should have experience as a pharmacy technician, medical assistant or call center agent. If you enjoy making cold calls and have excellent communication skills, this position is perfect for you.
The Retail health coordinator delivers on the company’s purpose of bringing our heart to every moment of their health through a focus on excellent, purpose-driven customer service. The Care Delivery Retail Health Coordinator will act as a navigator and coordinator to proactively engage, assist, and promote initiatives relevant to heath care gaps. To support their efforts, colleagues will proactively communicate with members that has been identified by their health plan, minute clinic, virtual care to drive healthcare outcomes.
This position is responsible for coordinating patient care related to scheduling, organizing, and managing aspects of the patient’s healthcare treatment and maintenance. The Care Coordinator is responsible to arrange and manage patient care as directed by the health care provider, provide self-care literature, arrange community support, and track and coordinate patient care utilization. This position demands superb communication skills and leadership skills to support our group practice to help guide individuals of varying backgrounds towards a common goal for the betterment of a patient’s health and quality of life. In conjunction with the Retail Health care Teams, the Care Coordinator organizes patient care and educational materials, patient care plans, patient self-management tools, referrals, and procuring community resources and durable medical supplies. The Care Coordinator tracks population disease management practices, commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external), and communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs, and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
This role will require you to work from existing CVS HealthHUB location working within Wellness room. CVS HealthHUB’ s are located in 30+ states and 950+ locations across the country. Under the remote supervision of a clinical operation leader and local leader, the Retail health coordinator will communicate with plan and retail health identified members telephonically on open health care gaps. The role entails working with guidance and the expectation that colleagues will adhere to and adopt emerging best practices to satisfy customer needs and exceed expectations.
- Coordinates patient flow throughout all scheduled appointments
- Interacts with customers/patients/members/coworkers telephonically and eventually through technology-based interactions, including video, email, text, etc and deliver healthcare reminders
- Reaches out to language line/interpreter when services are needed
- Schedules, tracks, and reconciles patient referrals and diagnostic tests, as appropriate
- Schedules tests per written workflows within Scheduler app via telephone or electronically and documents accordingly
- Demonstrates proficiency managing email in an Outlook account, and using remote communication software such as Skype Microsoft Teams and WebEx; able to demonstrate proficiency with Word, Excel, and experience documenting within an electronic health record like EPIC
- Adheres to care management, privacy and confidentiality, and quality management processes in compliance with regulatory, accreditation guidelines, company policies and procedures
- Attends weekly team huddles, intermittently, to stay connected with the Retail Health field and operation
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients
- Communicates with clinical team, patients, and families on recommended patient care plans
- Assists with completing and tracking patient forms and letters
- Notifies clinical care team of any changes or barriers they encounter as appropriate
- Cross trains to other areas of the retail health management/Gaps in care, as appropriate
- Orientation and training of staff as assigned
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. An associate degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of health care, customer service, patient relations and/or hospitality concierge experience required
- Naturally passionate about engaging and connecting members telephonically and communicating their health plan identified gaps with the ultimate goal of improving their health care outcomes
- Comfortable working in a dynamic role and open to continuous growth and evolution of responsibilities
- Ability to receive and act on feedback; curious and seeks to learn
- Strong computer, data entry, and typing skills; ability to work between multiple technology platforms; able to learn and utilize new technology as service evolves
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize while maintaining a pleasant and calm demeanor with members, patients and caregivers
- Ability to interact appropriately with others is important
- Self-starter and able to successfully work with minimal supervision.
- Great problem solver with ability to collaboratively engage with members, patients, caregivers and other team members to create innovative solutions
- Understanding of health insurance, including local providers, general plan types and terminology.
- Able to read instructions, reports and information on computer screens and key information on computers
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Level of confidentiality
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent customer service and communication (verbal, written, listening) skills
- Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required
- An Associate's Degree is preferred
- Other Certificates or Licenses (List): MA or CNA or CPhT or other medical/customer service certification
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Baltimore, MD: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Call center: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person