Aerobotics7 builds autonomous AI-enabled Drone-Tech that can remotely detect and identify landmines, UXOs, and other similar buried explosives such as Explosives Remnants of War (ERWs). Unlike the current manual demining approach, it is significantly safer and more than 50x faster than traditional approaches. It has the capability of detecting modern composite (plastic-based) landmines and explosives, which are undetected by current methods. It also gives users accurate positioning of mines and even the capability of remotely detonating them. Aerobotics7 has been recognized by world leaders, Nobel laureates, and international organizations.
Our Team Values:
- Solving some of the biggest global and technological challenges.
- Challenging the status quo; and likes being challenged with complex problems.
- Collaborating with like-minded leaders and builders!
- Being part of a paradigm shift: Disrupting a decades-old traditional and life-threatening process of demining.
- Inspiring others!
About the job:
Aerobotics7 is seeking an experienced VP/Director of Engineering to join our journey to build the best AI-powered autonomous drone that can detect, map, and even destroy landmines in real-time, remotely, without any human risk.
We are seeking a VP/Director of Engineering to lead our team of skilled engineers in developing the next generation of our AI-enabled autonomous drone technology. As the VP/ Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for building, managing, and leading the team of engineers and developers across software and hardware domains, overseeing the technical design and development, and implementation of our drone systems, ensuring they meet the highest standards of quality and performance. You will be expected to collaborate closely with our research and development team, as well as our marketing and business development teams, to ensure that our technology platform meets the needs of our customers.
● Develop and Execute the company’s technology and engineering vision and strategy, aligned with the business goals and user needs.
● Readiness in working in a fast-paced development environment with adaptability to clients changing requirements and tight timeline deliveries.
● Provide technical leadership and direction to the engineering team, ensuring that all projects are completed on time and within budget.
● Work closely with the research and development team to ensure that new technology is integrated into our drone tech systems.
● Collaborate with the CTO and CEO directly as well as the business development teams to understand the vision to deliver the product for the customers and end-users.
● Develop and maintain project schedules and budgets.
● Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including suppliers and customers.
● Ensure that all tech systems meet regulatory requirements and industry standards.
● Bachelor’s degree in CS, electrical or mechanical engineering, physics, or a related field; advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) is desired.
● 5+ years of experience in engineering leadership roles heading cross-platform teams, preferably in drones, AI, robotics, aerospace, or similar vertical deep-tech domains.
● Strong understanding of AI and machine learning technology as well as strong software development & management experience.
● Experience hiring and building teams across software and hardware development areas.
● Prior management of teams across the stack — frontend, backend, and infrastructure - is a significant plus.
● Exceptional project management skills in managing complex projects and teams of engineers/developers.
● Proven track record of developing and launching successful products.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are passionate about building a fast-growing, cutting-edge technology company to make a vast difference in the world and are excited about the opportunity to lead a team of talented engineers in developing innovative autonomous drone-based technology platforms, then we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Send your Resume/CV to: email@example.com
We look forward to working with you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $125,000.00 - $180,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Stock options
- Yearly bonus
- 10 years
- 11+ years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sacramento, CA: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Team management: 4 years (Preferred)
- Software Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person