This individual will play a critical role in driving our engineering and project management initiatives forward and ensuring that we remain competitive in the aerospace industry. Our business continues to expand and take on increasingly complex work for the aerospace and semi-conductor industries that requires strategic growth, advancing manufacturing technologies and focus from an engineering leader.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical background in metals machining, with experience in project management and engineering leadership. They will be able to develop a strategic vision and engineering roadmap for manufacturing technology to support significant growth across multiple business units. They will have a track record of successfully delivering projects on time and within budget, while maintaining the highest levels of quality and safety.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Develop a strategic vision for engineering technology implementation to support significant growth across multiple business units.
- Lead a team of engineers and project managers to ensure successful project execution.
- Developing and implementing project plans, schedules, and budgets
- Overseeing the design, development, and testing of new products and processes introduction
- Supporting facility layouts, lean initiatives, and project management for Capital equipment implementation.
- CAD/CAM software administration
- Standardization of work order creation
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable safety and quality standards
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders, including clients and suppliers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project requirements, goals, and timelines
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members to support their professional growth and development
- Oversee project planning and execution, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards
- Identify and mitigate technical risks and challenges to ensure project success
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement, encouraging team members to share ideas and best practices
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, including senior management, customers, and partners, to ensure alignment on project goals and progress
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering, with at least 3 years in a senior leadership role
- Strong technical background and expertise in software and hardware engineering
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including project planning, execution, and risk management
- Excellent leadership skills, with a proven ability to inspire and motivate a team to achieve high-quality results
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in the development of complex systems is a plus
Experience with automation/co-bots and artificial intelligence in manufacturing systems.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ALIGN PRECISION is an Equal Opportunity Employer and wholeheartedly supports diversity in the workplace as a basic premise for business success. All employees of ALIGN PRECISION are employed on an at-will basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)