- 5+ years of developing a team of technical professionals across multiple locations experience
- Ability to adjust work schedule to business needs, including occasional travel
- 3+ years project or program management experience
- 5+ years employee people management experience
- 5+ years planning and managing event production operations.
- Experience with production booking
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex calendaring systems and databases, including related metrics
- Demonstrated experience with production management
- Familiarity with industry best practices and emerging technologies
The HQ2 Venue Production Manager leads a team of production professionals who deliver events for the AMER Event Productions team in our HQ2 campus. This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside company’s leadership, directing high-impact planning and production team operations. A successful candidate will bring their years of event production experience to the team and step seamlessly into a fast-paced corporate office environment, demonstrating strong organizational skills, impeccable customer service attitude, and be energetically driven to serve our customers and the team.
Key job responsibilities
- Accountable for daily operations of event venues
- Evangelizes team standard operating procedures
- Leads new hire onboarding and development plans
- Manages and develops event productions teams
- Reviews and manages team related data and metrics
- Acts as an escalation point for direct reports and customers
- Develops and improves communication across teams and services
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with partner groups and stakeholders
- Works on team related programmatic initiatives
A day in the life
The Venue Production Manager will oversee event production teams in HQ2. These teams are responsible for serving customers who book Amazon’s event production services and transform customer ideas into technical event productions.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA
- Bachelor's degree, or 5+ years of professional or military experience
- Evangelizes standard operation procedure, and increases efficiencies
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to dive deep in to related metrics
- Demonstrated ability to train, educate, mentor and/or coach team members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and MS Office Suite. Optional, SharePoint, Visio, Tableau
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.