What to expect as a NetJets pilot
Beyond ensuring safe flights, our pilots are proud NetJets ambassadors who provide exceptional service to every NetJets Owner and passenger. They command the largest, most diverse private jet fleet, flying the world's most influential individuals to desirable destinations across the glove. Our policies and procedures put safety first and ensure pilots have the flexibility, support, and resources they need to elevate their career and enhance their life at home. Our legacy of resolute financial strength as a Berkshire Hathaway company means that you can feel confident investing in a future at NetJets.
Benefits for the best in the sky
- 200+ Crew Bases – Our pilots have the freedom to live nearly anywhere, including over 200 bases across the contiguous U.S. We believe all our pilots, regardless of tenure, deserve to choose where they call home—that’s why base selections are not determined by seniority. Joining NetJets does not have to mean relocating, but it can open new possibilities for you and your family.
- Flexible Schedules – Choose the schedule best for you, with the ability to change it every four months:
- 7 days on/7 days off
- 8 days on/6 days off
- CC52—52 days over 4 months (base-duty days: 13)
- CC60—60 days over 4 months (base-duty days: 15)
- CC72—72 days over 4 months (base-duty days: 18)
- CC76—76 days over 4 months (base-duty days: 19)
- Note: Plus- and minus-day rule applies.
- Paid Commute – Unlike other operators, NetJets plans paid commute time into your schedule, so it does not overlap your much-deserved, irreplaceable time at home.
- Innovative Training – NetJets is the only private aviation company to surpass Federal Aviation Administration requirements with an Advanced Qualification Program for ongoing, personalized pilot training.
- No Two Days Are Alike – NetJets pilots fly to 5,000+ airports across 200+ countries and territories—no other airline flies into more than 500 airports.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package - Employees have free coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits, with access to a vast network of nationwide providers; 401(k) plan with unprecedented company matching, life and AD&D benefits; paid time off; company-provided uniforms and generous annual-replacement credits; up to four daily tour meals, covered hotel expenses, and travel benefits. NetJets strives to LIVEWELL TM, and that means taking care of all aspects of your mind, body, and life through our benefit and discount programs.
Purpose of Position
The Pilot is responsible for providing a superior air transportation experience with a continued safety record on each and every flight. The Pilot is the face of NetJets, providing not only technically accurate and safe transportation, but also an exceptional service experience for every NetJets Owner and passenger.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safe operation of the aircraft from taxi, take-off and landing of each flight per FAA guidelines, Original Equipment Manufacture's (OEM) Checklists, NetJets Flight Operations Manual (FOM) or Aircraft Operating Manual (AOM), and Standard Operating Practices (SOPs). Greets Owners/passengers pre-flight, makes introductions and briefs them on the specific flight/trip and verifies itinerary/provides passengers with weather updates and safety briefings and explains any changes to itinerary
- Must deliver as needed, in-flight service including the handling of alcohol and the service of catering
- Must load and properly stow on aircraft all baggage as needed
- Must be able to handle and conduct flights for Owners with pets and those who smoke
- Act as the final authority on their aircraft with respect to all areas of operation, including the compliance with all applicable safety and regulatory guidance
- Acts as a liaison for Owners/passengers and NetJets from the time the Owners/passengers arrive at the FBO until they have safely landed at their final destination and have departed the final FBO
- Responsible for properly communicating any maintenance abnormalities or discrepancies to NetJets via the aircraft Maintenance Control Center (MCC) Controller on duty for their fleet
- Additionally, must properly complete any paperwork associated with maintenance abnormalities or discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned depending on assignment
- Note: It is not possible to list all required job duties on this form. There may be other important duties assigned, depending on the position. For a full list of essential job functions, please refer to the essential functions worksheet for that position.
Certifications and Licenses
Written FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)
First Class Medical Certificate
Years of Experience
Strives for Positive Results
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other (KSAOs)
- FAA ATP, Restricted ATP, or meet the requirements for FAA ATP or Restricted ATP (R-ATP) certificate with multi-engine rating as follows (IAW 61.160):
- At least 21 years of age
- 1,500 hours total flight time experience or
- 1,250 hours with appropriate university R-ATP certificate or
- 1,000 hours with military pilot qualification or
- 1,000 hours with appropriate university R-ATP certificate
- 200 hours cross-country (>50 nm) flight time
- 250 hours fixed-wing PIC
100 hours of night flying, or 75 hours with* 45 night takeoffs and landings
- 75 hours of instrument time (actual or simulated in-flight, excludes simulator time)
- ATP written completed prior to start of Indoctrination Training
- 50 hours fixed-wing, multi-engine time
- Current FAA First-Class Medical certificate
- FCC Restricted Radio Operator's Permit
- Must have a valid passport and be able to travel internationally without restrictions
- Authorization to work in the U.S. and travel in and out of the country without restriction
- Must be able to work varying hours including day and night; weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Must be extremely flexible and demonstrate the ability to adjust to rapid changes
- Must be able to manage his or her rest in order to be prepared for flight duty at all times during their tour
- Duty may last for as long as fourteen hours per day for up to eight days and may span different time zones and extreme weather differences in the course of a trip
- While on duty may be away from home for seven or more days and nights, staying in hotels
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges
- Must be able to pass Transportation Security Administration required background screening, secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges
- Must have a valid State driver's license
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Must be service-oriented with a neat, well-groomed appearance and a demonstrated ability to make a positive impression including a strong capability to effectively interact with passengers
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, especially under pressure
- Must demonstrate the ability to make quick and accurate decisions while paying close attention to detail, both technically and from a passenger-service perspective
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to work around animals, including the handling and care prior to, during and after Owner flights
- Must be able to conduct flights for Owners who smoke
Base Salary Range
$67,242 - $92,015
NetJets offers very competitive health care benefits, including Medical, Rx, Dental, and Vision coverages. All employees at NetJets have access to a set of Plans with zero paycheck premiums. Additionally, we offer an unparalleled 401(k) match- NetJets matches 60% of every dollar contributed by an employee. Other benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Disability Programs
- Commuter Benefits (as applicable), and
- Company-Paid Basic Life Insurance
And, depending on the role, employees may be eligible for overtime pay, shift differential pay, quarterly bonuses, and/or annual discretionary bonuses.
Pay: $67,242.00 - $92,015.00 per year
Work Location: On the road