As a member of the Talent Management Department, the Human Resources Generalist works directly with the Director of Human Resources and Human Resources Manager in all areas of onboarding, employee engagement, performance management, merger support and HR administration.
- Provide support to the Firm’s Administrative Departments and Office Administrators related to organizational planning and employee relations.
- Address employee questions about human resources policies and procedures.
- Provide written correspondence to staff members regarding any changes to their employment status and ensuring the HRIS system is updated accordingly.
- Conduct compliance research on a regular basis to remain aware of upcoming regulation changes and make recommendations to HR Management as to implementation.
- Affirmative Action administration in partnership with the EEO Specialist.
- Provide assistance with the annual staff and paralegal performance management processes.
- Conduct minor investigations and pursue complaints in a timely manner.
- Maintain exit interview data, identifying trends and recommending actions to address concerns.
- Play key role in supporting mergers and acquisitions with employee integration and onboarding.
- Involvement and support in the development and implementation of HR initiatives.
- Assist with the development of the annual HR budget.
- Special projects, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Bachelor's degree Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or related field required. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in Human Resources positions.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of employment law, affirmative action, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and experience working with a corporate employment law attorney.
- Ability to practice and coach organization managers in the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality on employee and Firm matters; is able to handle sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of HRIS software.
- High level of initiative, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Sedentary work: Exertion of physical strength to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 10 pounds. Work involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties.
Worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Fox Rothschild LLP is under no obligation to provide sponsorship for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform and the employee may be required to perform additional duties. Additionally, management reserves the right to review and revise the job description at any time. Employment with the firm is at-will. Employees must be able to satisfactorily perform all of the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. If an accommodation request would cause an undue hardship or a safety concern, the individual may not be eligible for the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer - vets, disability