EVP Eyecare is a privately held, portfolio company of The Cortec Group. Based in Denver, Colorado, EVP owns and operates a super-regional network of eyecare practices and surgical centers that conduct business under premier brands in Colorado, Texas and Arizona. We believe that delivering on an outstanding patient experience starts with building an outstanding employee experience.
Our mission is to improve peoples lives through better vision and outstanding patient experiences.
Provides direct patient care for adult patients. Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment. Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist continuously and as needed about patient condition. Assists with the maintenance of surgical equipment and inventory. Participates in performance improvement activities. Assesses operating room for equipment functioning and readiness, obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of surgical operating team are met. Monitors, positions and assists patient during procedure.
- Directs and assists in maintenance and handling of special equipment and instruments.
- Positions patients safely; pads and protects bony prominences.
- Preps and drapes patients correctly for all procedures.
- Carries out medical and surgical asepsis during all procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in preparing and cleaning of OR suites before and between cases and after terminal case.
- Carries out established techniques for safe administration of medications and parenteral fluids, as per facility policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of location, care and operation of all surgical equipment.
- Accurately records, handles and labels specimens; demonstrates care of specimens.
- Ensures Pre-op Checklist is complete (H&P present, informed consent signed, test results present, etc.) before patient is taken into surgical suite.
- Effectively communicates with the physician in accounting for all sponges, needles and instruments during and after the procedure and documents in the appropriate area.
- Communicates Lab/Imaging Services reports to the surgeon during the procedure.
- Gives thorough report of patients intraoperative condition to PACU nurse.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationships with coworkers.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of instrument processing, sterilization and biological monitoring. Actively participates in instrument processing, as schedule allows.
- Consistently ready and prepared for assigned cases and has patient in the surgical suite as indicated.
- Open sterile supplies and set up for procedures as needed.
- Approaches patient in a kind, gentle and friendly manner.
- Responds to patients inappropriate behavior in a therapeutic manner.
- Takes appropriate actions and documents in response to manifested anxiety or distress.
- Gives patient explanations and verbal reassurances consistently.
- Adapts nursing procedures to meet the needs for treatment of individual patients
- Identifies physical symptoms and changes and takes appropriate actions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to assess cardiopulmonary systems for changes and reports/responds appropriately.
- adequately assess and reassess pain levels. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care; provides patient and family with teaching/education, as necessary.
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Protects patients sensitivities and right to privacy.
- Appropriately responds to the patient in an emergency or physically distressful situation.
- Assessment and reassessment of the patient is clearly and concisely communicated in charting. Documentation meets current standards, policies and procedures and is completed within shift.
- Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self-motivated; does not waste time.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Maintain current State RN licensure.
- Current BLS and must maintain BLS certification for Health Care Providers.
- Current ACLS or must obtain within 90 days of employment then must maintain ACLS certification.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to develop and maintain department quality assurance
- Ability to apply and modify the principles of professional nursing to provide on-going patient care.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient care.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot a variety of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in busy or emergent situations
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, via phone, and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, management and peers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of anesthetic drugs, actions and side effects.
- Demonstrates knowledge of spinal and epidural catheters and how to document appropriately.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision Discounts, 401(k) with company match, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long-Term Disability options, Employee Assistance Program, generous time off plans and company paid holidays.
EVP EyeCare and its family of brands (including Dallas Eye Care Associates, PLLC, The Eye Academy of America, LTD, Swagel Wootten Eye Center LTDW, SWH Optometry PC, and Total Vision Eye Care Group LLP) is subject to, and intends to comply with, various federal, state, and local vaccination requirements and mandates. This position is subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement and, if hired, you will be required to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have valid religious and/or medical reasons to not be vaccinated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
EVP EyeCare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $33.33 - $45.00 per hour
Work Location: In person