Job Description: HGI Houston / Pearland**
Position: Front Office Supervisor**
Department: Front Office**
Reports to: Front Office Manager**
Direct Reports & Departments: Front Office Guest Service Agents (GSAs)**
In the position of Front Office Supervisor, you are responsible for directing and administering hotel Front Office operations in the absence of the Front Office Manager (FOM) and continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Your role is to provide efficient and courteous service to each guest and, along with other Departments you are assisting, strive to exceed each guest’s expectations during their stay with the HGI Houston/Pearland in accordance with the standards of the Hilton Garden Inn Brand and the HGI Houston/Pearland. Your role is also to improve on any operational issues that may exist to ensure a flawless stay for each guest.
The hours and shifts for Front Office Supervisor will be based on business levels as follows:
> Three (3) - eight (8) hour shifts Monday through Sunday from 2:00pm to 11:00pm with a one (1) hour break.
> Two (2) - eight (8) hour shift Monday through Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. with a one (1) hour break.
- These shifts and hours are subject to change based on business demands.
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assistance to the Front Office Manager and Front Office Operations include, but not limited to, guest service and registration (check-in/check-out), room inventory and availability, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation.
- Monitor Daily Reports for accuracy and assure reports are submitted on a timely basis.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward.
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly.
- Meet and greet guests and respond to guest inquiries, requests and issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner and resolves guest concerns. Own the Problem until Resolved.
- Initiate and implement up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue.
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events.
- Complete audit procedures, and complete all required HGI Training.
- Assist in Recruiting, interviewing and training team members
- Participate in the Manager on Duty Program when necessary.
- Complete assignments and meet deadlines as directed by Front Office Manager.
This position requires physical stamina and endurance. Activities will vary depending on the day’s initiatives including prolonged periods of standing. This position also requires a high level of communication throughout the day with team members, guests/clients and management. Lifting or carrying approximately 30 lbs. (Front Desk supplies and stationary) may be required from time to time. Pushing, bending and lifting are minimal requirements of the job.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry.
Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued
leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values.
Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H ospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I ntegrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
L eadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T eamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
O wnership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
N ow - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
· Living the Values
Qualifications and Skills
Must have 5 years of Front Office Experience.
Supervisory Experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Vaccinated Team Members and Guests are NOT required to wear masks.
See Hilton procedures at: http://www.hilton.com/cleanstay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pearland, TX 77584: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel & Accommodations Guest Services Staff: 2 years (Preferred)
- Hotel Front Office: 5 years (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- TABC (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person