GVI, Inc., a Federal Government Contractor industry leader, is seeking a Gunsmith to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Provide Gunsmith services to repair, rebuild, maintain, refinish, machine, inventory, and secure FBI Agent issued weapons, FBI approved Personally Owned Weapons (POW), Hostage Rescue Team (HRT) / Critical Incident Response Group (CIRG) / National Tactical Training Unit (NTTU) weapons and special project efforts to include other weapon sets throughout the FBI.
- Services provided shall be in full compliance with existing, subsequently adopted, or modified FBI techniques and methods, as provided in written documentation (such as lesson plans, training aids, and armorer’s manuals) and in briefings provided by FBI DSU staff.
- The weapons include pistols (Glock and 1911 pattern pistols), shotguns (Remington Model 870), Colt pattern carbines, and other specialized weapons.
- Employ safe weapon handling techniques at all times in accordance with established weapons vault protocols. The workspace may be in close spaces and/or in close proximity to others. After a repair, rebuild, or maintenance the contractor will test fire weapons for both function and accuracy.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of an accredited gunsmith training program.
- Must have a valid certification as a Glock armorer.
- Remington 870 Shotgun armorer, and/or Colt Pattern Carbine armorer certification preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of firearms repair and maintenance procedures.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of FBI-issued or approved Glock pistols; such knowledge must include operating controls, disassembly and assembly, safety systems, and safe handling methods; and
- Ability to use computers, including the preparation of documents and inputting data. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Demonstrate substantial knowledge (which includes the ability to disassemble and perform all repairs without additional guidance or instruction) of firearms repair and maintenance procedures for the Glock pistol, Remington 870 Shotgun, and Colt pattern carbine.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of FBI-issued or approved Glock pistols; such knowledge must include operating controls, disassembly and assembly, safety systems, and safe handling methods, as well as the ability to diagnose malfunctions and other functional problems. Demonstrated ability must include the process for refurbishing these pistols, including refinishing, and restoring to like-new mechanical condition.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of FBI shoulder fired weapons, including Colt pattern carbines, and Remington Model 870 shotguns. Demonstrated knowledge must include the process for rebuilding these firearms from a stripped receiver.
Position is located at Redstone Arsenal, AL
Apply at: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=GATEWAYVENT&cws=45&rid=3261
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Three Saints Bay, LLC and its subsidiaries offer a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated industry professionals. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government and commercial clients, both domestic and international.
We are an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.50 - $32.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person